【 Hocus Pocus 】

❝ It been a while hasn't it

It been a while hasn't it.

────────────────────

ㅤ(Y/n) wonder how much stress can she relief from all the sighing she been doing for the past years. She doesn't understand why are people so eager to ask her to join their... gang? So many times. Well, it only been total of... maybe, five times in her life? Still five too many.

ㅤShe can't say she didn't see it coming either because Takemichi already told her about this. In normal circumstances, she would reject without any delay. However, Takemichi had also told her of why she even accept it in the first place.

ㅤ“Please clarify.” She said sternly with annoyance lace in her voice.

ㅤ“Ah. You have just arrived back here, right?”

ㅤHow does he knows that? She opened her mouth in order to question that but was quickly silence by Sanzu telling to her shush her mouth from the opposite side of their seat. To which Izana sent a chilling glare so he shut up instead.

ㅤ“You keep your mouth sew until I say otherwise.”

ㅤThe person in question immediately straighten his back with his expression being slightly pensive in response to being shut down by his boss. He had no other options beside obeying his superior.

ㅤIzana clear his throat to grab (Y/n)'s attention back towards him. “Back to more important matters, if you join me I'll give you anything you want. So, name your price.”

ㅤ(Y/n) couldn't help but to acknowledge how the star had aligned too favorably for her. The moment she been looking for a job, here her old acquaintance offering her likely anything she wanted judging from how he says it with such confidence like those nobles that commission her in the past.

ㅤ“Can you inform me what I will be doing once I join?” She observe how Izana's eyebrows twitch for a second after she was done with her question.

ㅤ“You will be following my orders. It's as simple as that.” He wave his right hand dismissively. “I said I will be rewarding you with anything you could possibly wish for, is the offer not appealing enough?”

ㅤ“No, that's not it. I need more information before I work-”

ㅤ“Not even if I say you could meet with Mikey?”

ㅤIt is so obvious on how he is purposely trying to distract her with all the benefits she can get once she agreed in order to not let her inquire about the details of what tasks would lay ahead or why would he even needed her specifically for this.

ㅤGood thing Takamichi warned her about this before she came her. She would have taken that bait immediately just hearing about Manjiro suddenly being mentioned in terms of rewards for working under him. Now she won't be swayed as easily like that.