【 Scrambling Traffic 】

I have to go home now.

────────────────────

ㅤThe full moon shines brighter than ever before on this night. It's ironic how it looks as if it was the same sky when she died.

ㅤTo thinks that today would be a day she looks forward to. A day when she can learn how to be human. That might be over exaggerated, but she really is happy to finally be able to experience something other than bloodshed for once with someone she's close to.

ㅤ(Y/n) watches as people pass by. Happy families, friends, and couples, it was refreshing to see. She knew she has came way too early than what she and Chifuyu promised, but she was so excited that she couldn't stop shaking if she weren't in the area. The stalls are so colorful and the food looks so good compared to what she was used to. She felt lucky that in this life she could experience such joy of festivals and family cooking.

ㅤHer expression darkens. Even though people say she has amnesia. Would that simply be it? What about the 'her' that lives before she got memories from another life?

ㅤWill 'she' take her place back if she remembers again?

ㅤ“Hey kid, are you alone? Where are your parents?” (Y/n) snapped from her thought when a teenager called out to her. Her attention is immediately focused on the two other kids beside him since the boy was practically glaring at her. She shakes her head confusing them.

ㅤHe scratched the back of his head unsure of what to do. “Um, then... Do you want to come with us?” The boy beside him dramatically gasps and then threw a tantrum.

ㅤ“BUT YOU PROMISED IT BE JUST US!” His scream made passerby watch with interest while the guy was sweating bullets. “Come on, Manjiro... It's a good opportunity for you to make a new friend too!” He forces a smile trying to cheer the boy up.

ㅤIt didn't calm the boy's anger. “But I don't want any!”

ㅤ“H-Hello.” The girl ignored her brothers and came to greet (Y/n) whose expressions remain neutral throughout the whole thing. “I-I'm Sano Emma. Nice to meet you!” (Y/n) gives her a small smile making Emma gushes innerly, both on how pretty she is and that she accepts her friendship so easily despite her stoic looks. “I'm (Y/n).”

ㅤEmma points toward her brothers who were causing a scene. “That's my brother Shinichiro and Manjiro. They're kind of dumb don't mind them!” Upon being insulted, the two in question turn to the girls. Shinichiro awkwardly laughs. ”Emma that's kind of mean don't you think...?” He said that but in actuality, he was glad that Emma was being more cheerful now.

ㅤEmma pout. “You two are making me look bad in front of my new friend!” To which Manjiro gasp again.

ㅤ“Huh!? No fair!? Hey! Stop getting buddies buddies with my sister!” (Y/n) remains neutral. She wasn't trying to irritate him further, she really didn't know what to say.

ㅤShinichiro covers his brother's mouth before he causes any more commotion for them. “So (Y/n) was it? How about going to the festival with us? To be honest, I don't really feel comfortable leaving a kid without a parent around here.” As much as she understands where he was coming from. If counting her old age she would likely be around thirty at this point. Still, she has nothing to do for an hour as she waits for Chifuyu so, to Manjiro's dismay she came with them.

ㅤShe honestly didn't expect Shinichiro to be so nice to her. He had brought her more than enough snacks for her, some random kid he met less than ten minutes. Why was he spending money on her anyway?