【 Stagnant Water 】

❝ Now, I'll be free

Now, I'll be free.

────────────────────

ㅤ"Thanks for coming, Takemichi."

ㅤHer vacant eyes sent chill down his spine. A smile being fake as clear as a sunny day. Her unruly dyed hair and the colored eyes contacts make her almost looks nothing alike the (Y/n) he knew from the past.

ㅤIf it weren't for him recognizing her from the first ever time they met, he wouldn't have follow her when she made herself so obvious by walking outside of his apartment and making a loud noise to catch his attention.

ㅤThis beautiful scenery of the full moon reflecting on to the clear pond surrounding by a rather dense forest shouldn't give him such a terrible feelings in his guts.

ㅤNo, it was because he knows she would always commit suicide by drowning herself in a pond. That why something like this wasn't such a pleasant thing to see together.

ㅤHe gulps. "Why are we out here this late?" His mouth felt drier than usual.

ㅤ"Takemichi, you can go back in time right...?" Her voice sounds so torn along with her saddening smile she is giving him, his heart squeeze. Already assuming all the worse.

ㅤ"I-I can. Why are you bringing this up?"

ㅤ"Sorry, my memory has been... failing me as of late." She let out a self deprecating laugh at the end as she shifts her eyes to side. "Since everything I have been through will be reversed by you... I figure I should ask a favor of you and explain everything that has happened in this future."

ㅤShe makes herself comfortable and motions for Takemichi to sit down beside her by patting the spot of grass next to her. They watch the enchanting scenery in front of them. Takemichi still on edge about literally everything in this situation since it gives him flashback of that one timeline with Manjiro being killed by Naoto, while (Y/n) stares at the pond with something that hope in her eyes.

ㅤ"Today will be the end of everything for me."

ㅤTakemichi breathing stop for a moment before he rile in shock. "Wh-What do you mean (Y/n)!? Didn't you say you-!"

ㅤ"I couldn't had predict this..." (Y/n) somberly sigh. "Takemichi... what was I like in the past?"

ㅤHe blinks. "Huh? Why are you asking me?" He point his index finger to himself in confusion.

ㅤ"I told you. I have been forgetful lately." (Y/n) grumbles. "The only reason why I remember you in the first place was because Mikey told me."

ㅤ"He talked about me?" He asks slightly flustered.

ㅤ"He mention you in passing, but it was clear that he was trying to get me to find you." She shrugged. "Then he told about the time capsule, so here we are."