【 Dogra Magra 】

❝ I'm going to fill your brain with lead, got that? ❞

I'm going to fill your brain with lead, got that?

────────────────────

ㅤ“You should get out of here now. This isn't a place for someone like you.” His back was face towards her, ready to make his leave.

ㅤ(Y/n) was unfazed by how cold he spoke towards her. “I'm not leaving you like this, Manjiro.” To prevent him from getting away, she took him by his hand. She was slightly taken aback by how rough his hand was now compare to the last time she seen him.

ㅤManjiro eventually turn to face towards her. “Why...” His voice was uncharacteristically meek compare to how cold he had treated her from the few minutes before. Her eyes soften upon realizing that her words are getting through him.

ㅤ“I made a promise to protect you.” That promise was to no one in peculiar besides for herself. It was something to motivate her to live on. A seemingly selfless promise was nothing but the exact opposite of it. After obtaining so many things in this life, she was now afraid to die a meaningless death.

ㅤOnce they met eyes again, it was the first time he looks so fragile in front of her, so unguarded. A moment of weakness rarely seen within him. It felt like she was looking at a reflection of her previous self.

ㅤ“It was me.”

ㅤHow selfish of her. To say those words that she herself would love to hear once in her last life, to know someone cared, to be cared for without gain. It was hard for (Y/n) to not project a little bit of herself in him.

ㅤ“Huh?” It was a fleeting moment, but she caught how his eyes lighten up even if it was just being caught off guard. He was still clinging on towards some ray of hope, and that was enough.

ㅤ“Ever since your brother passed away, I had no purpose for my life. Aside from waiting day by days till my end. Then it hits me that... I would have nothing if it weren't for everyone currently.” She spoke from her heart. To show her own weakness to him and makes him believe more in her words. Playing charades with words wouldn't benefit her right now since Manjiro was too adept at spotting of any falsehood that comes from his friends. He may think he was being subtle, but she noticed how observant he was of everyone for a long time now.

ㅤ“Then, how are you supposed to be protecting me?”

ㅤ“I'll be at your side. No where you go, even if it's hell you're heading towards.” With a soft smile, she seal her fate with Manjiro.

ㅤHis lips forms a minuscule smile in return. “You better keep that promise.” (Y/n) had to hold in her breath of relief. She was glad he wasn't pushing her away after all that.

ㅤ“Of course. I won't let any harm comes to you.” And she meant it.

────────────────────