Chapter 3

Milo stared at the wild cats for a moment, thinking. His gaze shifted from Goldenstar, to Wetfoot, to Squirrelpaw, and then to Treefur. Could he really live in a clan?

"Well?" Goldenstar meowed.

"I- I'd like to join Thunderclan, please," Milo meowed, letting his gaze go back to Goldenstar.

"Yes! Goldenstar, let him join! Please!" Squirrelpaw exclaimed, jumping up. She was quickly silenced by a glare from Wetfoot, sitting back down.

Goldenstar stared at him with a gleam of amusement in her eyes. She opened her mouth to speak when Treefur stepped forward.

"You're just a Kittypet! You could never be a true Thunderclan warrior! You're just soft, fat, and weak! You have no fighting skills! No hunting skills! You're nothing but a Twoleg toy!" Treefur snarled, taking a step toward Milo.

Milo crouched down to ground, ears folded back. He tried to seem brave and stand tall, but the huge brown warrior towered over him, making it impossible to be brave in front of him.

"Treefur, that is enough," Goldenstar snapped, stepping between Treefur and Milo. "I make the decisions here. He's no threat, can't you see that?"

Treefur growled at Goldenstar, then at Milo, but backed away.

Goldenstar turned back to Milo. "So, you've decided you want to join Thunderclan? Is there a reason?" She meowed.

"Well, I guess I just think being in the wild is better than being a Kittypet," Milo meowed, dipping his head.

"And how would you know that?" Goldenstar asked.

"I- Well, f- from what I heard it sounds better than laying around all day eating dry pellets and staring at birds through the window," Milo meowed, looking down at his paws.

"I see," Goldenstar meowed.

"And is there a reason I should let you into my clan?" Goldenstar asked.

"Uh, b- because I can help, I can really be a good addition to the clan, I can fight, and hunt," Milo meowed.

Treefur snorted. "Yeah right!" He snarled.

"Silence, Treefur!" Goldenstar shushed him, shooting him a glare.

"You are still young, you may not be the best now but I'm sure with enough teaching, you can become a fine warrior," Goldenstar meowed.

"are you actually going to let this kittypet stay in the clan?" Treefur hissed, turning to stare at the golden she-cat.

"More cats in the clan will be better, and he looks like a fine young cat," Goldenstar replied, looking at Milo.

"Oh, please please please please let him join!" Squirrelpaw meowed, jumping back onto her paws.

"Please?" Milo agreed, looking up at the tall golden she-cat with his head dipped.

"Very well, come on, let's get to camp." Goldenstar purred.

Milo perked up, raising his head. "Really? Just like that? I'm a clan cat now?" He asked.

"Well, not until I announce it officially, but after that, yes. We'll have to get you a clan name and a mentor. come along." Goldenstar meowed, standing up and leading the way into the forest.

Milo felt joy spark inside him. He looked to Squirrelpaw, who seemed to be as happy, if not happier, than Milo. Which was strange, because it was Milo that was being allowed into the clan, not her, she was already in the clan.

Milo shook his head and followed Goldenstar, Squirrelpaw on one side and Wetfoot on the other, and Treefur at the back.