36.

random ramble: what. a. game. i truly enjoy those quarter finals, and the match today was good and entertaining. the commentator was absolutely right when he said Alexia "reads the game better than anybody" and to be honest, i missed her perform like that. now four days to relax, before some very stressful weeks.

enjoy ☕️✍🏼

Sometimes life is filled with quiet, uneventful days. Like rainy Sundays spent lounging on the couch, binge-watching favorite TV shows, or the monotonous routine of rushing to work at 7 a.m. on a Monday morning.

But then there are days that stand out.

Days like Christmas, birthdays, or those special outings to favorite restaurants and cafés. Or vacations, or days one is looking forward to for weeks.

And then, there were days of the utmost significance. Days like today.

Today was Thursday, the day of the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, with Barcelona facing off against the Blues visiting from London.

Today, there was a palpable sense of anticipation in the air, a feeling that today could become one of those extraordinary days. Jonathan Giraldez's team had a challenging task ahead; and turning over the 2-0 defeat from the first leg would be indeed quite a challenge.

Today could become the day Barcelona secures their spot in the final for the fifth consecutive year.

Today could also be a day marked in history for the wrong reasons; if Barcelona were to falter, the day would be remembered as one of disappointment and regret.

Speaking of regret.

"Erin, stop drooling and get your ass over here!" called out a familiar, higher-pitched voice, a certain black-haired figure clad in a vintage Barça shirt and clutching a bucket of beer. "Warm up is about to start and there's no way I'll miss Patri doing lunges. She looks so hot when she works out..."

Startled, the therapist tore her gaze away from the giant screen, where an advertisement featuring a certain two-time Ballon d'Or winner was playing, and focused on the Spaniard in the front row of the VIP section, just above the substitutes' bench.

"Can you blame me?" Erin chuckled as she made her way down the stairs of Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, adjusting the jersey that was neatly tucked into her jeans. "This place is incredible."

"It really is," Martha agreed, making way for the therapist to pass, before taking her spot on the end of the row, carefully situating the bucket between her feet.

Leaning over the railing to catch a glimpse of the players warming up on the pitch, Erin couldn't help but absorb the electrifying atmosphere surrounding them.

On their way to the stadium, they had witnessed throngs of fans converging towards the arena, eager to support Blaugrana. Many sported jerseys with the names of their favorite players on the back, Alexia being the most common.

The atmosphere at Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys really was incredible.

As the last of the players stormed the pitch, Erin's heart skipped a beat at the sight of her girlfriend. The Barcelona captain looked effortlessly flawless, as always, cheeks flushed with exertion and hazel eyes alight with focus as she went through her warm-up routine.

Making her way to the substitutes' bench for a quick hydration break, Alexia's hazel eyes sparkled as they locked onto Erin's in the stands.