The New Objective

(an: Again this timeline i snot 100% accurate please don't hate).

Bato sat in a large ornate room on small chair with a red cochin, in front of Him stood 4 thrones all unoccupied at the moment. even though Bato knew aang was alive an din teh fire nation currently it had taken him 9 months to reach Shou-long largely due to the rebel army needing backup on 4 occasions in different regions and he had to chase off 4 bounty hunters who were After the Avatar.

Eventually two young woman who Bato assumed were the crown heirs Came into the room and took their places on their thrones.

Bato Immediately Kneeled out of respect and to make a good impression.

"Warrior you are in the presence Of Princesses Tanya, Kyra Of Shou long." The Advisor addressed in a formal tone to Bato.

"Speak Warrior of the south." Tanya commanded with a wave of her hand.

"Thank You princess I am here on Behalf of the rebel army and we seek an Alliance with your great kingdom in our Joint struggle against the tyranny of the fire nation."

"I trust you have some sort of plan if we do support you." Kyra stated her eyes showing clear disinterest.

"Indeed in 2 months time There will be an eclipse that will render the fire nation Incapable of fire bending And with your weapons and numbers we can launch a full invasion of the fire nation."

The room was shocked with this revelation but Tanya's face maintained a cold exterior.

"A very tempting offer warrior but I must point out that you seem to have failed to consider the fact that the fire nation has guns that could put a dent in our attack. They don't need fire bending to shoot those things. Also I know you army is associated with 3 major criminals of Shou-long. further more you guys also work with our sworn enemy the earth king. Shou-long will not directly Support you but we will aid you from abroad by drawing the fire nation to us but Make no mistake I have no intentions of restoring the earth kings power when this war is said an done." Tanya answered coldly.

"I Understand than I will Take my leave Princess." Bato replied with a bow.

After Bato left teh Throne room Tanya turned to address their advisor.

"IS general Rommel at the front yet."

"NO princess but he should be there in 2 days."

"Excellent soon we will crush the fire army and send it running." Kyra Interjected before Tanya could respond.

"Indeed Kyra." Tanya replied smiling.

(Battle of fort Hanno).

Bodies littered trenches and the battlefield was covered in pot holes and shell craters and destroyed Tundra tanks and fallen animals.

Fire nation soldiers charged the Slope leading up to the main fort itself while Shou-long forces fired on them while Project eagle bombers continued to apply pressure to the fire nation rear.

"CONCENTRATE ALL CNANONS ON THOSE TUNDRA TANKS BEFORE THEY REACH THE TRENCHES." A Colonel ordered the spotters Over the roar of the battlefield.

After adjusting their aim The Canons unleashed a barrage that destroyed the tundra tanks in one fell swoop.

However Fire nation soldiers were using the craters as cover and lobbing fire balls at Shou-long Infantry and Machine gun nests. The fire benders were indeed more skilled than earth  kingdom soldiers while their numbers may be fewer the skills of a fire bender was legendary and Shou-long's benders were often stationed in the main point of interest for a defence when the long range and heavy weapons become useless for cover and protect.

Shou-long Colonel Olren was in command of the Fort and it's garrison and he was stressing with how low the forts supplies were getting.

"Sir we won't be able to hold out for much longer than 12 hours." A captain informed him worriedly.

"I know captain but we have to hold them off to protect the capital and the city Of Kau. order all remaining forces to pull back into teh fort and position them on the ramparts and order our earth benders to create some land obstacles to hold off the invaders."

"Yes sir." The captain replied saluting.

However unbeknownst to Olren a Shou-long army of 50'000 was going around the long route and circling around the invaders.

(Fire nation command tent).

'WHAT ARE YOU FOOLS DOING. I want you all to combine your forces and Charge the fort head on. The Shou-long infantry is mostly retreating except their earth benders. Now attack and wipe out this Symbol of Shou-long defiance." The Fire general commanded Annoyed with the slow progress of the attack.

However the fire nation was already spent significantly s they had been laying siege for  a straight 3 days no sleep and the Shou-long cannons had left the Fire nation soldiers shaken.

However their day got worse when Shou-long Cavalry suddenly attacked the camp.

"RECALL THE MEN WE NEED TO PROTECT TEH GENERAL." A fire bender ordered while rushing to meet the Shou-long troops and the two forces engaged in a fierce battle swords, guns , And teh Shou-long fort garrison even decided to join in the fray.

Rommel's attack was cutting of the attacking fire army from it's line of reinforcements and supplies. But the general refused to allow a retreat but many of his men either deserted or just ran.

It was yet another humiliation brought on The fire nation By Shou-long a nation teh fire lord claimed would collapse in only 2 months had been inflicting heavier losses on the fire nation that the earth kingdom could barely ever accomplish before.

(Shou-long palace 3 days later).

"With our victory at fort Hanno we have begun to push the fire nation out of the Kau province."

"Excellent my good general. Gentleman It's time we throw off the kid gloves I want as many men as we can spare to rebuild the northern army group and I now have a new target for them. That Target will be Ba sing se."

"But Princess I thought you said that would be too much of stretch for our forces to reach and take."

"Your right General but that was before we had an army of 40'000 raiding fire nation bases and stealing their own supplies. I would call that an effective relief system and when we take ba sing se we shall consolidate our power and front lines and we will bleed Ozai's resources and army dry And if he refuses to surrender well then Lets just say I'll take care of him personally." Tanya replied grinning while cracking her knuckles.

AN: Hope you all enjoyed.

Author message: Ok so I know some of you are confused why didn't teh fire nation go around teh fort. For context Fort Hanno Guards the main road to the capital from the north had they con teh other way the fire nation would have run into far more resistance and suffered far more losses and their supplies would be at greater risk if they simply ignored the fort so that's why they decided to try and take it.