My New home

(POV  Tanya).

Darkness that was all I could see. Vaguely I could hear voices they sounded distant but I could just make out that one sounded Male and the other female.

"Sire She's awake your wife is also fine."

"I'm glad Maya. Can I hold her."

"Of course Sire." the maid says handing me over to the male.

Forcing My eyes open I saw a man with a brown beard and green and gold armour.

"Hello little one you look gorgeous." 

I could only giggle at his praise that was until I noticed I was re born as a female and suddenly I became quiet again. 

"Sire Have you decided on what to name her yet."

The king shock his head. " No I want my wife to name her."

It was another hour till the woman who I now knew to be this mans wife woke up. It took me 20 minutes to finally piece together that these people were my parents. 

"Cynthia my dear are you well." My father asks while still holding me in his arms.

"Yes dear a little worn out but I am glad she is healthy at least." My mother says with a light smile. 

"Yes For that I thank the spirits." 

There was silence for a few more minutes till my mother spoke up. 

"What should we call her." She asks while gesturing to my small form in the green blanket.

There was silence again till my father spoke up. " Tanya." 

"Yes a beautiful name for our blessed child." My mother says sitting up reaching out to me.

"Princess Tanya Degurechauf Heir to the Shou-long throne." MY father says his voice full of pride.

(4 years later).

I was a toddler now and to say the least I was very intelligent by this worlds standards. I already knew how to read and write but I was known as a prodigy due to me showing signs of bending. The Kingdom Ministers had assumed I was the avatar but after consulting with the Kingdoms elder It was confirmed I was indeed not the avatar. However the elder had the following words to say.

"Your majesties while its true your daughter is no avatar she was blessed by the spirits. there is a legend of old. It is said that during the days of the first avatars the spirits fearing the avatars may try to abuse their power they made a contingency in case the avatar ever turned evil they created the spirit guardian however unlike the avatar the spirits choose the one who will be their guardian and their is no reincarnation cycle. Further more they can't bend all the elements but as your daughter has demonstrated they can bend some. I can see that Young Tanya here will do great things not just for the kingdom but also the world as a whole."

word quickly got out about my gifts. the elder explained that every chosen guardian had pure gold hair which I had. It is said to symbolize the golden light of justice the spirits want this world to feel.

However I soon learned that I had another gift. 

One day while I was drawing I accidently drew a cannon from the Napoleonic wars era of my old world. However This told me something I Not only had teh gift of 3 elements but also knowledge of my old worlds military history. why I had this Knowledge I did not know but I fully intended to use these gifts to help my kingdom and its people.

I introduced my kingdom to a more organized management and organizational system also introducing the invention of the plow to help the farmers till their fields more easily. 

However One day I learned that 70% of our income was from trading and after some more lessons on our worlds history I learned the following.

Our kingdom of Shou-long was a break away state from the earth kingdom. A state that is over 300 years old.   

My family the royal house of Degurechauf used to be a noble household in the earth kingdom but we had other ideas about how things should be done like for example we did not believe in the class system. we believed that all were equal and had rights to all privileges. Further more we did not believe in using force to get what we wanted we believed in negotiation first war later. 

This clash of ideals eventually led to my ancestors using their wealth and power to free the small province of Shou-long in the southern earth kingdom. This small revolution turned into something much larger when over 270'000 Sq. km of southern territory slowly joined us. The earth king at the time was angered at the loss of such valuable farmland and so lead a military campaign to reclaim what was not his. However before war began Avatar Kyoshi stepped in halting the conflict.

Ever since then we have always hated the earth kingdoms royal family and I can tell why. The earth monarchs are incompetent greedy and lazy and posses no sense of duty.

I also learned that my great grandfather Decaled neutrality when the 100 year war started and started a policy of accepting Refugees of all nations. This meant Shou-long was a kingdom of earth, water and fire benders.

despite their differences our family was able to keep things under control with our more direct style of government which meant we put a lot of emphasis on nonlethal methods of protection and control. 

However when I learned That 70% of our economy deepened on trade I had an idea.

I quickly began drawing a new ship design for our navy. (an: the design is basically the royal navy from teh 1730s-1800s so you all kind of get a rough picture or just picture the potc ship the endeavour).

After presenting my proposal to my father he agreed and soon we began the makings of a mighty fleet with state of the art cannons.

(8 years later).

Shou-long was prospering. I learned that while the gift I have prevents me form doing super futuristic inventions a I am able to tap into the inventions of history and picture how to build the invention my mind.

this ha snot only made farming way more efficient but it also improved our military when I introduced things like the maxium machine gun and a more advanced version of the Brunswick rifle.

And our navy's definitely improving but I knew we needed a new plan to improve our economy even more due to the large amount of refugees fleeing here. However when I thought about it I knew my father may be reluctant But taking  deep breath I entered into his chambers.

"greetings father." I say bowing.

"Rise daughter you know there's no need for formality among family." My father says smiling

"Of course Father I had something I wanted to discuss with you." I say with a serious expression on my face. he gestures for me to continue. " You see father we have one of the greatest navies in teh world but Despite the new lengths we can travel I still fear especially with the flooding refuges we may not have the economy to support them all for much longer so I propose expanding Our trading empire." 

"with whom Tanya."

"The fire nation father I understand that they are causing widespread destruction but look at it this way. They have resources we do not posses and with the resources they have I could create new inventions that would see Shou-long prosper to a golden age never before seen."

"I see your point my dear while I am reluctant to open any kind of correspondence with the fire nation I see your point but what do we have that they could possibly want."

Tanya smiled at her fathers agreement." tell me father have you ever heard the saying an army that marches without food will soon be made useless."

AN: THERE YOU GUYS GO THE SUPPORT ON THIS STORY IS AWESOME AND I WANTED TO SHOW MY APPRECIATION SO HERE YA GUYS GO. HOPE YOU ALL LOOK FORWARD TO MORE.

quote: Use what you can and forge a path that only you can make.