The Battle of Ba sing se

(an: I know I keep doing these time jumps. Again please don't hate).

(BA sing se 4 days before the day of black sun).

A Shou-long army of 350'000 stood tall and proud behind their Princesses It had been a grueling offensive But despite stubborn fire nation resistance they had made it the great city of ba sing se. 

For many of the soldiers it was a symbol of their 200 years of oppression and subjugation. It was a symbol that they were determined to take to show the their great kingdom was here to be a great player on the world stage and no avatar or earth king or fire lord would stop them.

Tanya and Kyra gon on the top of some crates to address the men while messengers carrying their speech went to relay it to the soldiers further back.

"SOLDIERS OF SHOU LONG. for over a year you have fought and died to protect our beloved Homeland from those who would seek to enslave and kill us you are the heroes of the Battle of Hanno, the masters of the valley of kinara,  the conquerors of the fields of Akizo. Over 200 years ago the Great avatar Kyoshi abandoned us to the cruelty of chin the Conqueror who enslaved us but we did not break we resisted him.

My soldiers our victories were made possible not because of me our Kyra but because of your strength, determination and wills and today we reward that. Men today we free our brothers and sisters from the tyranny of fire lord ozai and the neglect of King Kuei." Tanya became silent a she let Kyra finish for them.

"So come soldiers Pick up your guns and swords and lets go show the fire nation what happens when you oppress our brothers and sisters. ONWARD LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TO OUR GREATEST BATTLE AND OUR GREATEST VICTORY HAIL SHOU-LONG." Kyra cried out with a raised fist.

"HAIL SHOU-LONG AND THE ROYAL FAMILY." The soldiers replied enthusiastically as they began marching forward.

(1 day earlier).

Tanya had suspected that the fire nation would be mostly concentrated on the inside of teh city and she knew that the best way that they could win. Commissioning a special group of 10  fire benders and 20 earth benders who served Shou-long she sent them to the outer wall of ba sing se with the goal of digging tunnels to the inner walls and when the army would attack they would bring barrels of blasting jelly and other explosives to topple the fire nations main defensive position.

The Earth benders were digging tunnels that would take them under the inner wall the area the fire nation would be strongest.

"Are we almost there."  A fire bender asked impatiently a flame in his hand to light up the tunnel.

"Yes corporal I can feel the movement of the many enemy soldiers just a little farther up ahead." teh earth bender captain replied pushing a bit more earth out of the way.

About an Hour later the captain stopped. "We've made it we are right bellow the inner wall." The captain then turned to address another NCO. " Sergeant take 6 men and head out of the tunnel and I want you to inform princess Tanya that it is done."

"Yes sir." The sergeant replied with a salute as he and 6 others ran out. 

The captain and the others than began to work to expand teh tunnel so the explosion would collapse more of the tunnel wall.

(3 days before the eclipse).

Kyra led her men forward using her water bending to freeze fire benders  in their way and used her sword to contend with any enemy soldiers who got to close. The sight of their warrior princess contending with fire nation enemy soldiers bolstered her men's morale and many lowered bayonets and charged while others fired volley after volley of bullets against the fire nation.