Society of Ba sing se

(an: I know you guys wanted something more exciting but I wanted to provide some context to make the next chapter more exciting and impactful.)

Ba sing se a great city one that has stood for centuries as a sign of the earth kingdoms great power and unconquerable spirt. Built into three sections the massive farmlands protected by the outer wall which also acted as their first line of defense it was believed that Ba sing se was impenetrable from any conventional army.

The inner wall protected the main population of ba sing see which was divided between its middle and poor classes. However these people often could barely make a living being forced to live on scraps and have only meager paying jobs or turning to crime and the black market.

Then the center wall guarded the main industrial and wealthy sectors of Ba sing se this area was also where the earth king resided. However not all was well with Ba sing se due to its class divisions the wealthy often looked down on the middle and poor classes and considered them inferior to themselves.

However this prejudice did not always exist before the days of chin the conqueror Ba sing se was a great city and equality was greatly encouraged however it was during the Day of earth king Jialun that the City took a dramatic step downwards and the king began to become more arrogant and greedy this idea of his absolute power came from the fact that the king held unconditional power of the entire earth kingdom. 

His son Earth king gon su was also the earth king who threw the earth kingdom into the 100 year war without a second thought which played right into sozin's hand. (an: I made that one up cause on the avatar wiki it  says that Kuei was the next king but Jialun's reign ended 54 years before the war began doesn't say who came directly after Jialun but his reign does not match When the 100 year war began and Kuei's reign began during this conflict so I made someone up who went in between).

And many citizens of the earth kingdom were livid as they witnessed their armies get smashed by the fire nation war machine However in ba sing se the king ordered the dai li to initiate a program of hiding the war from the general public so it wouldn't cause panic among the people. This was a lie  since the king knew if news of the war got lose the people would revolt and begin to question the necessity of needing the king.

It was during the 600 day siege That Long Feng began to take more Control so King Kuei would not be made aware of the war knowing that if he learned of it long Feng would lose everything. In the aftermath of the siege 1000s of people began to grow angry with the king and the war and the fact that they received no form of sympathy despite the sacrifices their families made to defend the city. It's believed that over 2000 people were taken away by the dai li and rehabilitated.

The victory however gave many elites the illusion that ba sing se was truly impenetrable and no army would ever defeat them and take the city or so they thought . 

Tanya was determined to show Ba sing se that Shou-long was done pulling punches.

AN: Hope you all liked this chapter I promise the next chapter will be a bit more exciting .

Quote: Greed and a lust for power often makes us blind to what really matters in life.