12. - Blue Ribbons

{Content Warning: blood, gore, injury. Spoilers for: Kalos Finale}

{Alain's POV}

Why did I leave the stadium? I left her behind, I abandoned her... What if she didn't make it out? What if she got stuck?

As we were about to run out, I stopped and turned to Ash, who helped me get out. "I feel like I'm forgetting something... Make sure everyone else is safe, alright?"

"Alright, my team and I can take care of everything else. We'll wait here for you, Alain!"

And so I ran back to the nearly crumbled down stadium, going as fast as I could go and evading the other dark red vines that seeped through the ground. But the moment I entered, I was not expecting to see five pokemon move so quickly. There was an Altaria, a Chandelure and a female Meowstic, all three of them combining several of their attacks to evaporate the surrounding vines.

The other two were a Gogoat, who was creating a pathway for others to safety using Grass Knot. And an Audino, which was healing other people and their pokemon.

"ALAIN, LOOK OUT!"

"Perla-?!"

The moment I turned, Perla jumped- no, she pushed me aside and got hit by the vines that I didn't even know were right behind me. The sound was like multiple blades cutting through her as if she was nothing but a slice of wood. It was sickening, both getting to hear her gasp of shock and seeing it actually impaled through her stomach.

She collapsed onto the ground, keeping herself together.

"No, no, no, no... Perla... Perla, listen to me." I pulled her close, checking her pulse on her neck. It was faint, she's still there. Or... I hope she is.

"Alain..." She mumbled.

"No, no, stop... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, with all my heart..." I wanted to clench my fists, to punch myself because I basically abandoned my closest friend.

"Stop apologizing..." She leaned close, her head on my shoulder. Her cardigan fell to her arms, revealing the amount of blood. It created so much that it even bled through the white dress underneath, creating a dark hole. I quickly ripped off the vines, and used her cardigan to cover up the huge laceration.

But even so, my hands were shaking and tears- tears? I'm crying...? I couldn't believe it. Her blood, on my hands... I couldn't focus.

So I let it out. I just held Perla close, letting everything out, I was sobbing, even...

That was, until a faint amount of force pressed onto my cheek, it was that white-haired girl that was so close to death. "I'm going to miss you so much..." She said that, as if it really was her last few words.

Audino walked close to its trainer, holding a now burned Mega Ribbon. It tried to use a healing move, but then I remembered that it doesn't have Heal Pulse, unlike some Audinos that you see at the Pokemon Centers. I looked at it closer, and noticed it was holding her Mega Ribbon, although it now looked damaged and torn apart.

I said one last thing, before picking her up and holding her in my arms.

"You're not going to miss me just yet."

...

{Timeskip - EP Title: Battling With A Clean Slate!}

The once great region of Kalos was buried under a shade of crimson of Lysandre's sinister plan; to rebuild the world. Ash was the 'Chosen One', and Alain was the one helping the Team Flare leader, along with the Team Flare admins, scientists and members. Cities were toppled and broken, with sprawling dark vines and unnaturally red foliage spreading throughout. "The New World", he called it.

A Giant Rock absorbed Mairin's pokemon, Chespie, and soon formed into a giant serpentine pokemon, which was headed for the sundial. If it did make contact, then... that would've meant the end of the world.

Luckily, Alain, Ash, the Kalos Gym Leaders, Professor Sycamore, Blaziken Mask, Kalos Champion Diantha and Hoenn Champion Steven Stone worked together to stop the threat.

Yet all those efforts weren't enough. In the end, Lysandre was killed by The Order Pokemon, Zygarde. Even after all the order had been restored in the region of beauty, there was still something missing. It was small, but noticeable.

A girl by the name of Perla was missing. She was last seen from the Lumiose City Stadium, saving everyone. At some point, people actually thought that mega trainer was dead.

But when Alain came back to Lumiose City, Mairin, Ash and the gang decided to surprise him, by celebrating his return and the rewarding ceremony, which they didn't have because of the crisis.

There was a knock on the door.

"Hm? I'll go get it." Alain stood up, adjusting the scarf along with the golden medal now around his neck. He walked with a steady pace, opening the door.

And when he swung it open, there was a girl with white hair and glassy eyes staring back. Was this...

"Um... hi." She spoke softly. "It's me-"

"PERLAAAA!" Mairin cut her off, and hugged the lost trainer, now found. She hugged the red-haired trainer back, as a way to comfort her because she was sobbing.

"What happened? We thought you were gone!" The younger trainer asked.

"I was making sure everyone else was out of the stadium." She smiled, then noticed Alain was walking close to her.

"I missed you, Perla." Alain said, the sincerity in his voice being whole. And he was actually smiling.

And she smiled back, returning it. "I miss you too."

Perla, despite missing everything that happened, got informed of all the events, from Lysandre, to the Giant Rock and Zygarde. And with her being the center of attention, it felt nice. Getting to talk to other people, opening up about hobbies or interests... she, along with other trainers, were healing from traumatic experiences. 

And at some point, two trainers remained alone, in the greenhouse of the Pokemon Lab. One with a blue scarf, and one with a black ribbon in her hair.

"So... you did all that to save the region?" Perla asked Alain, who was sitting close to the many pokemon that lived there, like Psyduck or Azurill. He turned to face her, happy to see her again.

"I didn't do it alone," he responded, before averting eye contact. 

The trainer sighed. "...I feel like I need to atone for what I've done. I helped Lysandre with his plan. He was going to use the Infinity Energy I collected to destroy the world. I could've had the blood of many innocent trainers and pokemon on my hands, Perla."

"And yet...You're here right now. You stopped that from happening too."

The white-haired girl sat beside the dark-haired one, and noticed how the pokemon had a distance from her. She made a little conclusion in her head; they were opposites. One is stronger physically, the other mentally. One is closed off, stoic, battle-ready, the other is more shy, polite, and supportive. 

This is just some weird coincidence. She thought, before standing up and leaving.

"Hey, wait!" Alain ran after her, holding her hand and turning her so she can face him. "Where are you going?"

"...home." She replied softly.

"Already? Then... one last thing before you go." The trainer pulled her down, supporting her arm and doing a little dip, secretly clipping her Mega Ribbon back on, before going in for a kiss. Perla... was surprised, before leaning her head up to also kiss him.

After that, she breathed out, and felt something clipped on. She smirked, clearly amused. "Alright... We'll see each other again, right?"

"I really hope we do."