5. - Hotel Talk

{Perla's POV.}

The two of us reached our room, which had two beds, enough space for Alain's Charizard and my Audino to sleep on the living room floor, along with a wonderful view of Lumiose City from above. At least he won't make another couch for him to fall asleep on. I was about to go to the bed on the right, also known as the one with the window view, but nope.

I removed my cardigan, the ribbon clip in my hair which encompasses my Key Stone, and my shoes. But... For some odd reason, he threw his bag, slamming it onto those poor soft pillows.

"What in the world did you do that for?" I looked shocked.

"It's first come first serve, or dibs if you prefer that." He shrugged, then threw his scarf more violently on top of his bag. I plopped myself down on the left bed, handling myself gently.

"Did you break anything?" I asked, concerned.

"In my bag? No, I only break people's limits in battle. And people's egos." He huffed, lying down, adding even more weight on his bag and scarf.

"Can you... stop doing that to your things? You're gonna damage it."

"So you're complaining?" Alain sounded amused. I gave him a confused look. Guess I'll have to explain this.

"Kind of... First, you sleep on a makeshift couch because you refused to sleep on a bed. Now, you're on a bed, but you violently throw your stuff onto it and avoid touching pillows like it's a Poison pokemon or a Curse."

But that Mega Trainer remained silent. "I'm not a fan of soft things, okay?"

"So you never slept on a bed before?" I shot back. I swore I heard him grunt.

"Shush. Can we sleep now? I know it's early, but that's just how I do." Before I got the chance to answer, Alain turned the lamp between our beds off, and rolled to the side, refusing to make eye contact with me. 

I rolled to the opposite side, humming a song to myself. I wondered how it feels to have a relationship with someone like Alain. Maybe he's still stoic? Or too focused on battling to care?

Out of nowhere, I felt something hard hit the back of my head. "Ow!" I got up, and he threw his Mega Ring at me. I didn't want to disturb him any further, so I put it on the table where the lamp is. "Sorry." I softly apologized. Maybe he hates people who hum. I closed my eyes, hopefully getting some sleep.

---

I woke up, but it wasn't the hotel room anymore. Just a void, an empty, empty void. Nothing except debris and dark red vines that crawled onto the ground, cracking a path of destruction and evil energy. No one else was in sight, except four silhouettes glowing visors and one with glowing blue eyes.

"Hello?" I called out to the endless, somewhat empty space. "Alain? Mairin? Anyone?" I clutched my pokeball, but I didn't feel it. Not even Audino was here. Then, the ground was wide open, and a shade of scarlet red burst through.

I tried to hold onto the vines, but one pierced deep into my chest, causing me to gasp in horror, lose balance and fall, and fall, and...

"PERLA!"Alain shouted as I snapped awake, sitting up. It was already morning, the sun rising from the left window where he slept. I didn't realize I was shaking and tears were falling from my eyes. I looked at the other trainer. "I... I'm sorry-"

"Shh... I said "stop apologizing", didn't I?" He put his jacket over me. "Anyways, I got some food from the penthouse."

"The... what?" I blinked, still disoriented, wiping the tears off.

"The top floor of the hotel. They had a breakfast buffet. I didn't know what you'd like, so... I just got you some eggs and bacon." He left, and came back holding a tray. Why was he treating me like this? He just said last night that he hates soft things, and I consider myself a soft thing.

"Come on, eat already." His tone lowered, moving the tray of food to me. I ate it quietly, trying to go faster so he won't have to wait for too long. But it looks like he noticed, holding the spoon. "No. Don't go too fast. Take it at your own pace. Or do you want to talk about that nightmare to calm your mind?"

"I... I guess so," I took a deep breath. "It was nothing but red and dark energy. Like... the end of the world."

"Like the end of the world, huh?" He echoed.

"Yeah..." I closed my eyes, remembering it. Then it suddenly stopped, feeling a spoon shoved into my mouth.

He noticed my sudden expression change. "Was that too violent?" I nodded and Alain let go. He continued spoon feeding me until we heard the door open. There was Mairin, who entered the room, and we stopped. "Alain, you didn't tell me about-..."

"..." The three of us just stared at each other in silence.

Mairin started to back away. "Never mind, later!"

"Mairin, no, get back here!" Alain sprinted out of the room, chasing the smaller trainer, leaving me alone in the room. I slowly returned his jacket onto his bed, before putting the ribbon clip in my hair and putting my shoes on.

The Mega Trainer slammed the door wide open, panting from the exhaustion. "By the way, how long did you book us for?" Alain asked, adjusting his gloves, walking to the bed, then putting on his jacket and scarf once more.

"It's an overnight stay, like you said." I responded, fixing the bed and exiting it with him.

"Next time, don't spend so much money. We can always camp, or stay in the Pokemon Center again." Alain's ideas sounded nice. Maybe he was starting to act like how I remembered him, this more enthusiastic trainer, who's nice and passionate. 

Maybe my goal was working, I know him a little more, even if the nightmare had to happen.