10. - Coffee Chaos

{A/N: aaaaa sorry this took a while, i finished this after the Pokemon Presents woooo!}

{After the EP: Analysis Versus Passion!}

{Alain's POV}

The semi-finals match was finished, after the short but intense battle against someone I've fought before, a Mega Trainer named Remo. Even with his strength and the power of a Mega Garchomp, I only won the match with my trusted Mega Charizard X. The final battle will need a full team of six Pokemon, so I have all the time to prepare.

However, the moment I exited the stadium, I felt a vibration on my Holo Caster. "Meet me at Cafe Soleil." It was from Perla. She was... treating me? I shrugged, reluctantly accepting it.

I walked down to the street, pacing from a leisurely walk to bolting away from new fans who saw my battles, ending up flying away with my Charizard from all the screaming and shouting. Once everything had cleared, the flying-type swooped down, landing right at the entrance of the cafe. I returned her to its pokeball, before looking up. "Cafe Soleil... hm. Never been here before." 

Then, I was met with Perla sitting by the window. I knocked on the glass.

She didn't budge. 

So I punched the glass, and she flinched, so hard she hit the back of the seat. 

She finally looked at me, in horror. I could see her mouth moving, saying my name in disbelief. I changed my hand, changing it to a wave, or a signal that means I'll enter.

I walked in the small cafe, forgetting that I nearly broke a window. Her table was close to the city view, where you can see Prism Tower and the stadium. I took the seat across from her.

--- 

{Perla's POV}

He just... punched the glass to alert me... who does that?

I fixed myself up, still shaken from the sudden appearance of the other trainer. When I looked up, Alain was sitting across me.

"So, why did you bring me here, of all places?" He asked.

"I... I wanted to treat you to a nice cafe before the finals. You know... a break, and some time to replenish your energy." I passed him a cup of coffee and a small plate filled with small chocolates. His blue eyes focused on the ribbon-shaped one topped off with blue star candies and picked it up in a delicate way, then eating it.

"Wow... these ones are actually good." His voice was a little softer, even if he looked so stern. I had my share of the chocolates too, picking out the simpler square ones.

"I'm glad you like it." I responded, smiling. "I often visit this cafe when I have the time. It's quiet, but not in a silent way. I mean it's all warm and comforting... sorry, I'm rambling again."

"Huh? No, keep going." He sipped from the cup of coffee, looking at me and showing he's eager to listen.

Alain... he was now alright with my rambles? I thought he hated it, to the point where he threw things at me. Maybe he's also softening up, like how he stayed beside me on the couch yesterday.

"So... what do you want me to talk about?" I asked him, maybe he might be one to brag or one to adore praise and affirmations.

"For one thing, you can talk about yourself. I like hearing about other peoples' lives the most." The other trainer responded calmly, biting another chocolate.

As we both ate some more of the desserts, enjoying the ambience of the cafe, I saw two people enter. Serena and Clemont again.

"Hey, over here!" I waved to the three, and Alain's face scrunched up in confusion.

"Perla, what are you doing?"

"I'm saying hi to them?" I responded awkwardly.

"By bringing them to our place?!" He almost slammed the glass again. "I got chased here by insane fans and you are bringing even more of them!"

"Huh? What are you talking about? These are just our friends..." I looked behind, and Serena was there.

 "Oh, so this is the person you're with." The honey-haired girl smiles, sitting at a table close to the two of us.

"Hold on... Perla is with Alain? The very same one from the ongoing tournament?" Clemont asked, and the Charizard trainer hid his face in... embarrassment I believe?

"Um... Yes, I am with Alain himself. He doesn't want to be recognized right now." I put my cardigan over him as I followed Ash's traveling companions to their table, so Alain wouldn't have to be overwhelmed by even more people coming by and talking.

"By the way... where's that girl who asked that I was a keeper?"

"Oh, you mean Bonnie? She's staying alongside Ash, watching our Pokemon for us while we buy food for everyone." Clemont explained.

"And by everyone else, you're counting all of your pokemon?"

"Correct." He nodded proudly.

"So you have a sister?" I asked him.

"Yes I do. Do you have a sister?"

"I... I don't. Not even a brother. Just, y'know... me and my pokemon."

Serena chimed in. "Oh. That's okay. I'm an only child too. Actually, many others are." I looked down, sighing.

"Oh... I figured that it was ordinary. I always see myself as... someone out of place. So I try to fit in. With being a Pokemon trainer, using Mega Evolution... I want to be like others." I spoke slowly, with it sounding more like a confession. When I looked up, the two looked concerned.

"You don't always have to fit in, you know?" Serena appeared to be caring for me. I turned away.

"I... Okay. Can you tell Ash I said good luck? I'll go back to our table now." I waved goodbye to Clemont and Serena, before looking at Alain. He had finished his coffee, and there was only one ribbon-shaped chocolate on the plate.

I took the chocolate, eating it slowly. "Are you heading back now? He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, after all... you still have a battle to win."