2. - New Things

{Alain's POV}

Is this... really Perla?

"How are you here right now- Oh, you look so different too, I don't really know what to say except-"

"How are you?" I finally asked, interrupting the familiar girl's rambling. It's been a while since we've met at the train station, I'd guess a few months back. I've already completed the Gym Challenges and now, I'm bored out of my mind. It was like she knew I was bored and came here, or something...

"I'm alright now, Alain." Her demeanor... I can't tell if it's the same, or if it's different, any evident changes. She's still the same girl.

"Well, I'm alright as well. Say, do you want to have a battle? I'm not doing much right now. And, you know, we didn't get the chance to battle before. So this'll be like getting to know you more."

"Oh, okay. Do we battle here?" She asked, and I nodded.

I stepped back, getting into position. Perla walked away until there was enough distance for the fight. She sent out Audino, and I sent out Charizard.

"Dragon Claw!" I commanded, taking the initiative, as the winged Pokemon swept through, flying toward the foe, cutting it with a strong attack. The Audino bounced back from the blow. It looks like Perla's not that skilled with battling... unlike me.

"Audino, use Hyper Voice!" Her pokemon shouted, as Charizard flew up after getting hit with its sound. Was this her strategy, waiting until I'm close enough to attack? Unlucky for her, I prefer up and close action.

"I know we just started, but that plan of yours. It's not gonna work against Charizard and I." 

"And how will you be so sure?" She looked ahead in anticipation.

"With this." I smirked, pulling out my Mega Ring, revealing it to the other trainer.

"You have one?" Her eyes focused on the stone that I have, seemingly now more focused.

I took a breath. "Respond to my heart, Keystone," It began to glow, connecting the energy between Charizard and I, a bright light. "Beyond Evolution, Mega Evolve!"

And just as Charizard's form is changing, she reveals her own Key Stone; her hairclip. "Bind our soul, connect a path with our shining bond," Her light connects with her pokemon's, and its form changes. "Mega Evolve!"

And now, both of our Pokemon have Mega Evolved, into Mega Charizard X and Mega Audino respectively. The battle was much more intense.

"Audino, now use Dazzling Gleam!" The now white and pink pokemon shot out a fairy type attack, which was now super-effective against my Charizard.

I really had to fight back.

"Flamethrower!" Charizard then let out blue flames, aiming right at the foe, but she used Protect.

"Ice Beam, quick!" The girl shouted, but I managed to hit with another Flamethrower at the foe, breaking the ice like a mirror, even melting the center.

She took the time to catch her breath. "You're... really good at this." She remarked.

I let out a softer breath. "I've been doing this for a while, now let's finish this battle quickly. I've seen enough. Charizard, use Blast Burn, put it all out on this one!"

"Dodge it and use Dazzling Gleam again!"

The battle was neck and neck, but the fire burned through the shimmer, leaving me the victor of this match. Audino fainted, its form changing back to its normal, softer pink one. Charizard also reverted back, its blue flame fading back to orange and the fire close to its mouth dissapearing.

"You did well, Audino." She returned them to their pokeball.

"You also did well Perla, but I feel like you need more training." I replied, returning to my stern expression.

"Really?"

"Yes. Your Audino only did far ranger attacks, as if it was too scared with getting close." It was true, for the duration of the fight, Audino didn't move as much, except for the parts where it dodged or set up Protect.

"I... I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologize." I cut her off. "You're not strong enough to be called a Mega Trainer." She stepped back from my honesty.

"But... I am." Why is she so soft? I don't know how she managed to get through with this. Or, she was going easy on me.

"You're not, in my book. Did you just come here to have a chat with me?" I walked closer to her, realizing she's the same height as me. I couldn't tell if she was shorter the last time, since we only talked with a distance.

Perla sighed, shaking her head. "No, I was chased down by scientists."

"Scientists?" Now that was interesting.

"Yeah. They said they wanted me to join, because of Audino mega evolving, we were doing training at the time, and... they saw it happen, I guess." My brow furrowed at her explanation. That was useful information. Scientists, wanting Mega Trainers to join? That's odd, unless...

I huffed. "Stay clear from any of them, alright? You can tag along with me, in the meantime." I kept my cool. She nodded, immediately accepting my offer.

---

We soon stopped at a nearby Pokemon Center to rest, where Perla sat down, waiting for her partner Pokemon to heal. While she fixated on that, I contacted someone; the "scientist".

One of them appeared on the screen of my Holo Caster, as I hid in the corner to keep my call private.

"What did you do? I heard no responses or prior calls."

The scientist answered formally. "We found another trainer close by. She could be a useful member of our team. With our help, we could have taught her the fundamentals of battling and how to properly harness the power of Mega Evolution. However, before we got the chance to see her potential, she ran away."

I grumbled. "How about you focus on your things, and I'll deal with her? Because, believe it or not, your ruckus caused her to fall on top of me."

"Do you mean she's in your captivity?"

"Of course she is! Now, let me know how to deal with this girl, Pe- I mean, this Mega Trainer, and what else do we do with her other than her following me like a lost Pokemon?!" I angrily whispered into the mic.

"Understood, Alain. Sending orders to the boss, right away." The scientist bowed, and the call ended, my Holo Caster turning off. Arceus, finally. I walked back to the main area of the Pokemon Center, seeing Perla tending to her Audino, giving it headpats and all.

I sat down, with some distance from her seat, contemplating. Great, now Perla's wrapped around their ideals. Maybe if I keep her to myself, no one's gonna say anything. But the last thing I want to be seen as is a cruel, possessive person. 

I closed my eyes, sighing. I felt something soft placed on my lap, followed by the click of a pokeball, and then something heavy on my lap. I opened one eye, and it looked like that very same girl is now sleeping on me. I guess... I can leave it like this for now, letting her be my acquaintance.