11. - Of Abandon and Lies

{Perla's POV}

It was the day he was waiting for. Alain was in the final round, against Ash Ketchum. The crowds were louder than ever, as I walked through looking for that trainer backstage. Instead of sitting in that room he reserved for me, I took the courage and ran to the stadium, wanting to see everything at the front. It seems like an odd thing to do, but I'm not going to send another letter as good luck.

But the moment I entered, it was the middle of a battle already. Was I late? More than half of the pokemon were gone for both teams... There weren't any seats left either, so I opted to lean against a wall, crossing my arms. At least I got a good view of the huge holographic screen that shows the battle. The battle was now in its climax; with Mega Charizard X and this... Greninja with an interesting form. The announcer mentioned its name, Ash-Greninja. So what is this pokemon exactly... It doesn't look like Mega Evolution. Maybe I could ask him about it.

Everything was all fast-paced, every command and explosion coming in. These two both know what to do, and they weren't losing focus anytime soon. Like how they did every punch and block, each huge blast of blue flames and summoned clones... Even when I had to cover my ears from all the shouts and cheers of the enthusiastic crowd, I still enjoyed watching Alain. He was enjoying battling. As long as he's happy and doing his best, I'm happy.

After the smoke cleared, the crowd fell into a deafening silence. That was, until Ash-Greninja collapsed, reverting back to its original form. Everyone proceeded to shout and cheer loudly, making me cover my ears again. But... it meant Alain won,he had accomplished what I would believe is the most important thing for him.

I walked a little closer to see the look on his face. He really was smiling... I'll congratulate him later once the ceremony is over.

But all of a sudden, the stadium and everyone else in it, felt an earthquake, as dark vines emerged out of nowhere, some nearly hitting the onlookers. The shouting was now out of panic, with everyone running out. When I looked back, Alain wasn't there anymore.

"Alain? Alain! Where did you go?"

I sent out Chandelure, grabbing onto one of its arms and swinging my way onto the battlefield. I also sent the rest of my pokemon out, to help out the other trainers evacuate the area and heal the people and pokemon injured from the vines that got them stuck or lashed at them.

But I kept looking for him.

"Alain? Alain... please tell me you're here."

Was there even any sign of a trainer with a blue scarf around his neck, or his fiery dragon companion? Maybe even Ash, or Mairin?

I saw four people with different colored visors in the distance run elsewhere. Were these the people from my nightmare? To think of it... almost everything lined up with that single nightmare I had with the hotel.

Then, I saw my pokemon team was waiting for my request.

"Is there anyone else in the stadium? Or just us?" Altaria flew up, to do a full check. There were still a few trainers remaining, and the vines looked like they weren't going to stop anytime soon.

"Gogoat, create a path to evacuate the rest of those trainers. Chandelure, Meowstic and Altaria, fend off the vines." And the last one left was my ace pokemon, Audino.

I took off the ribbon clipped to my hair, which had my Keystone. "If anything happens to me... at least you'll be able to help everyone else, Audino."

But then, I spotted someone.

Someone with a light blue scarf... And a huge vine right behind him.

"ALAIN, LOOK OUT!"

"Perla-?!"