1. - Fateful Encounter

{A/N: Hello, hello! First fanfic of 2024!! YAY! This idea has been stuck in my drafts, and I am hoping to post more stuffs here + update my other ongoing fic, which you can also check out! Anyways, let the reading begin!}

{SPOILERS FOR: Pokemon XYZ anime.}

{No POV.}

A rainy afternoon in Lumiose City. A boy was running to the train station, to pass a few errands. He rushed in, passing by in hopes of making it. But he didn't see the girl in front of him, causing them to collide, and they both fell back.

The girl stood up first, apologizing in a panicked manner. "I'm so sorry!"

But the boy dismissed. "No worries, it wasn't your fault."

He looked around, and he realized something; he came too late. The train the boy was going to take had already left at that point, leaving them and a few others to wait for the next one to arrive.

He looked distressed, sighing. "I missed my train..." He leaned his body alongside one of the walls, close to the map of the station. The girl looked ahead, signifying she's thinking of something else, or a disinterest. He took a glance at her, wanting to make her interested.

"Where are you headed to?" The boy asked.

"Home." She responded faintly. She looked up, seeing the drops of rain that fell from the gray clouds and trickled down onto the roof.

The other person observed the girl, noticing how she was calm about the entire situation. He felt a little down, considering he had to wait for his stop. Maybe hers was a different location? But how far was it?

"Where are you from then?" He asked, cracking the silence.

"Laverre City." And she replied faintly again.

"Oh... I'm not headed there. But I am taking on the Gym Challenges. Maybe I'll head there soon."

"You make it sound like we'll meet again."

"I really hope we do."

And they were quiet once more, enjoying the silence, the muffled rainy scenery, along with the other sounds coming from passers by. It felt like a long time, but it wasn't.

"One last thing," the boy started. "What's your name?" It was a usual question, but it sounded unusual to her.

"Perla." She smiled.

"What's your name?" She asked back, shifting her position to face him.

"My name is Alain. Let's meet again sometime, is that alright, Perla?"

"Okay, let's meet again sometime." She echoed. Both saw the next train had arrived. It was Alain's stop. He looked at her one last time, before stepping in.

---

{Timeskip - Around the start of the Pokemon XYZ anime.}

{Alain's POV}

I've finally reached that goal. The goal of defeating ten Mega Trainers. And I've earned all eight of my Gym Badges. I could go on another journey again, but not now. Lysandre says I have important work to do, one regarding about those little "Z cores" or something.

I just waited for a message on my Holo Caster. An update, status, what I have to do.

But no, nothing.

Out of boredom, I ended up walking around the forest for a moment, getting my thoughts. Maybe there might be a tournament I can attend. But then... administration and the dates, and it's just long and exhausting.

Or, more training. But we're already strong enough. Not just Charizard, but the rest of the team is. And, I'm starting to feel like it's a forced routine I have to do.

"Research? No, doesn't feel right. Battles? ...No, no one's here. Catch pokemon? I... I guess so, but I forgot to purchase Pokeballs." I murmured to myself, walking in circles.

Then, I heard a rustle.

A few more rustlings.

I cautiously stepped closer to the shaking foliage, almost tip-toeing. And then... a trainer lunged at me?!

I fell to the ground, the girl landing right on top of me. How great.

She immediately stood up, fixing parts of her outfit, then profusely apologizing in an oddly familiar manner.

"I'm so sorry!" She bowed her head.

"No worries, it wasn't your... fault? I'm sorry, have we met each other before?"

"Huh? Oh!"

"It's you!" We both shouted.