4. - The Plan

{Alain's POV.}

We split up, with me heading deeper in the cave, and Perla running her way back to the entrance. Finally, something I can do after doing nothing except battling and training. I was told to meet with the scientists, and two of the admins. By the time I got there, it seemed their fight was over.

"Hey." I called out to my 'colleagues', clearing the smoke with a few flaps of Charizard's wings. The admin wearing the purple visor, Celosia, approached me. "You have your hands on that trainer, right?" She asked, as I forced a formal sounding reply.

"Yes... That stranger with the Audino." She then led me back to the truck, where they had their tools set up. Smokescreens, nets, even those guns that paralyze pokemon, all used to capture the Zygarde core. The admin then typed information on the computer, with footage and huge blocks of text popping up. There was a photo of a girl with pale skin, light teal eyes and white hair, tied into ribbons.

"Trainer Name: Perla Nacre. Hometown: Laverre City. She has rarely appeared in tournaments, and in the chance she does, her strength has reached only to the semi-finals." She then turned to me. "This is the girl you'll bring. Perla here has a lot of potential, and I mean it."

The admin then showed footage of her last match. Her strategy... it was the exact same one she used in that short battle.

"What exactly do I have to do, and where do I bring her?"

"You know what Lysandre wants, right? To create a pure and beautiful world, to purge the ugliness and flaws of this one. We will bring this trainer along because she, along with the rest of us, are deserving of living in perfection and beauty."

I tried to look like I got it, but I really didn't. She frowned.

"It means you force her to join, by any means. Capture, lure her in, lie to her, just get her on our side." The admin ordered.

"Okay, got it." And then Celosia typed more things which I couldn't see on the computer, and little sounds were made, including one from my Holo Caster. Meaning she sent all that information to me.

"Now go on your way, we have other things to attend to." I let myself out without another word, shutting the door. Well now I wish I have even better decisions to make than forcing a girl I met years ago into this organization.

I got out of Terminus Cave, alive but with a headache. It was either caused by the conflicting thoughts in my head or from the pain of my untreated injuries. Either way, I hopped onto Charizard and flew back to Lumiose.

I landed right in front of Prism Tower, where all the grand events occur. I see billboards with an upcoming tournament, many pokemon trainers visiting shops and stops, an incredible amount of noise, but no Perla. I mean, maybe I was first. I trained Charizard to be fast. Or, maybe Perla knew what I was going to do. The second option seems unlikely, since I always turn my Holo Caster off.

I heard running, in a swift motion I turned my body, Perla was in the middle of the crowd. She tripped, and out of instinct, I caught her.

"No one chased you this time right?" I looked down, noticing she got me a medkit.

"You can let me go now..." She whispered, so I put her back on my feet. I guess those scratches really were obvious. I made a thoughtful expression, followed by a 'hm', taking a few band-aids from the medkit, and covering up the scratches on my arms. I don't care if I'm doing it in public or if she's watching, I'm glad that she got me something useful.

"What if we stay at a hotel for the night? I can book a room for two, or just one bed and I sleep on the couch." Perla suggested.

"Oh? Sure... you really don't have to do that, Perla." And yet, she nodded once more, leaving the medkit with me and walking to the nearest hotel. I didn't even get the chance to say anything else. The fact that she's obedient, docile and doesn't give another thought into what she's doing... Arceus, no wonder why they want their hands on her; she's perfect.

I guess they picked me in a similar way, being an assistant to my father, Professor Sycamore. As long as you know how to follow orders and have devotion and passion to your craft, they accept you as a part of Team Flare.

---

I walked into the hotel, which was lavish and decorative, diamonds and yellow lights speckled from the ceiling. Right at the concierge, was Perla talking to Mairin... Right, I forgot she was there too. I stepped closer, listening to their conversation.

"Alain is traveling with you? How does it feel? Is it fun? Even if he's so serious, watching him battle is fun!" Mairin was bouncing with energy as always. Though I wasn't expecting her to talk about me like that, considering the amount of times she teases me about it. Perla was more closed, intimidated by the energy flying off of the shorter trainer.

"Yeah... he's passionate about that for sure." She bowed politely. "My name is Perla. Perla Nacre." Wish she would've introduced herself like that to me.

"Oh wow! I'm Mairin. I'm only staying here at the hotel because it's closer to where Chespie is. Why are you here with him?"

"Well, Alain and I are here because-"

"It's just an overnight stay." I chimed in.

"...How long have you been standing there?" Mairin looked at me.

"Well, I heard you talk about me a lot. And your introductions. In case you forgot," I took the white haired girl's hand. "Alain Sycamore. Now come on, let's go to our room." I led her to the elevator. "You'll lead me there, right?"

"Um... I'll lead you there." She nodded hesitantly. Guess she wasn't that obedient, only following. But that still counts. As we walked there, I saw Mairin wave us goodbye before the elevator doors shut.