Chapter 10: Escape from the park

As the group got to the visitors centre, Grant sat down with the kids for a bit to catch his breath and eat a little bit then he put Lyla back on his shoulders and said "Lex, Tim stay here, I'll come back for you, I'm going to the control centre to find Ellie and Ian and see if I can get Lyla conscious again but I promise I will be back" Lex reluctantly agreed knowing what happened with the t rex but Tim knew Grant would hold to his promise.

What the kids nor Grant didn't know was that while they were escaping from the T. rex, during the power outage the raptors had escaped and killed the control guy Arnold and Muldoon..

As Lex and Tim were eating they saw a shadow that looked like a dinosaur and Lex grabbed Tim to run to the kitchen to hide from them.

Meanwhile once getting to the control centre Grant found that Ellie was still alive and Ian had been injured but they saw that Lyla had been in a coma.

"So uh what happened there?" Ian asked

"We were climbing a fence and the power came on, she saved tim but she got a full force" Grant replied

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry" Ellie said

"Sorry how?" Asked Grant

"I put the power back on, if I had known.."

"It's ok Ellie, she's breathing but she's not waking up, Ian is there anything in here to get her awake?"

"Yeah there should be.."

***

Lex and Tim were careful to not be spotted by the raptors and they managed to trap one in the fridge but it escaped and they slowly approached Lex and Tim ready to attack, it wasn't until Callie came in through the roof and despite her being small she stood her ground. Tim was ecstatic to see Callie but Lex had every thought of Lyla being gone until the kids both heard a gun click and behind the raptors they could see the familiar face of Lyla Mayfield.

"Hey you!, stay away from my friends or you're going to taste lead" Lyla said

One of the raptors hissed at her and Lyla then knew it was the very raptor that tried to kill the worker when Muldoon had her come to the paddock.

"You want me? Then come and get me!"

The raptors made a beeline for her and before they could get to her she stopped them by shooting a bullet each at their foot. She then shouted "Run!!" To Lex and Tim and without hesitation they did.

The raptors weren't pleased with Lyla and so they chased her, following her own advice to the kids she ran while shooting trying to slow them down.

She got to the main area where she met up with the 3 adults and the kids. The raptors had them right where they wanted them but a couple more shots and the last two bullets put the raptors in their place.

They tried making their escape but to no avail the raptors outsmarted them again and when all hope was lost an unlikely ally walked in, the very T. rex that tried to hunt the kids. The raptors tried attacking it but because it was bigger and stronger so it threw them off like they were Compys.

The raptors conceded and the T. rex roared while the banner reading "when dinosaurs ruled the earth" fell down

The group escaped and all hopped in a jeep

"Mr Hammond I've decided not to endorse your park" Grant said

"After careful consideration Dr grant, so have I."

They got to the helicopter pad and they all boarded.

Lyla was sad about Muldoon as she respected him, she was happy that Gennaro didn't make it but she thought what would life bring her now. The park hadn't even got to open and so she would go back and find a job and her grandparents would still have to pay for her.

They all looked back and Lyla rested with the kids, ready to face whatever came her way.

AN: that's the end of the Jurassic Park arc and now we move on to the lost world, there is a chapter I'm doing before that but I won't provide any context to what it is.