Chapter 3: Lyla and the Dinos

(From Lyla's POV)

I woke up again hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with the raptors which thankfully I didn't. I ate breakfast and met with John

"Good morning John, What will you have me doing today?"

"Ah Lyla I admire your dedication to the Job" For the rest of the day you will be working under our other female handler Susie, She'll show you the ropes"

"Perfect thanks" I said

I walked over to the jeeps where a blonde girl who looked to be about college age was waiting for me by a jeep.

I walked over to her and she noticed me and held out her hand to shake "well hey, you must be Lyla, I'm Susie nice to meet you."

I shook her hand and she took the drivers seat and I took the passenger seat not that she needed to drive though as these jeeps were self driven.

I got a good look at the gate that was made of wooden doors, little flames going up it and red words that read JURASSIC PARK

We continued on the tour and Susie and I got out to interact with the herbivores, The triceratops being my favourite of the bunch. I didn't really like any of the ones that charged but they weren't the ones who would eat us.

The day consisted of stopping and feeding the dinosaurs and me petting them.

Near supper time we had reached the T. rex paddock and it was in fact time to feed her, but according to Susie they had the guys do that job.

We watched for a little bit and saw it

Me being curious I asked "Hey Susie out of curiosity what if that thing escaped?"

Susie laughed and said "well in the unlikely event that happened the best thing to do is not move but you have nothing to worry about, the fence is extremely safe."

I nodded and we went on our way back to the visitor centre

**

A week later Dr. Wu finally gave me Callie, she either walks beside me or stays in my little bag. Some of my coworkers are a little nervous around her but she knows not to attack them.

As I was getting ready to go feed the Dino's Susie stopped me and said "I'll take care of all that today, John is holding a meeting and you're a part of it"

"Oh ok thanks" I said

I walked into the meeting room and sat down, I started eating some of the sausage I had in my bag and gave a little bit to Callie who made it disappear in a quick bite.

John walked in with a look of annoyance but smiled at me slightly when he looked over where I was siting.

A few other staff members came in and the meeting started

"Good afternoon everyone, I have called this meeting for a couple of reasons. One there's a tropical storm coming and I want to send you home to be with your families before the park opens but that can't happen unless I can woo the lawyers"

I raised my hand and asked "lawyers?"

"Yes there's a specific lawyer that is quite concerned about the park and he's bringing a big name with him, you might recognize it Ian Malcolm

Thinking to myself I said "oh yeah I've read his books"

John continued "aside from that I want to have the opinion of a palaeontologist so I will go talk to two people named Alan grant and Ellie Sattler about the park."

Now Lyla the reason why I wanted you here was to ask if you could accompany us when I show these people around so that nothing goes wrong and I am also having my grandchildren Lex and Tim join us, Lex is a couple years younger than you and Tim is nine. I think Lex would like having someone about your age to talk to so if you can befriend her I would appreciate that.

"Yeah for sure" I said

"as for the rest of you, enjoy your vacation"
John said

The meeting was adjourned and everyone walked out. I was curious though to who this lawyer was when John mentioned it so I went to his desk and looked, when I saw the paper that had a list of the people coming I saw a name that I wasn't particularly fond of seeing and that was Robert Gennaro

My mind flashed back to when my grandparents were in court to have custody of me and Robert was my dad's lawyer, except my dad didn't have any money to pay so my grandpa had to pay for both theirs and my dads. According to my grandparents Robert saw no fault in my dad and did everything he could to make it so I would stay with him.

Even at 9 years old I knew that was utter nonsense that my dad did no wrong.

I walked out of the office with a thought in my head that if anything happened to him I wouldn't care.

**

It was a sunny day out and I had been waiting in the gas powered jeep for a while until I heard helicopter blades. It landed on the pad and out walked John, Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, Ian Malcom and Robert Gennaro