Chapter 15: Lylas part time job

Because of her loss in the vote, Hammond felt bad for her and knew that she would become a great leader of ingen but she had to give it time. In the meantime while Ludlow was revelling in his position Hammond had given Lyla a secret job that neither Ludlow or any of ingen (besides a couple few who actually believed in Lyla and didn't care about what her mother did and who almost had an up rage when the vote was decided).

The job was to surveil any happenings on Sorna by camera and report back to him. He knew he couldn't stop Ludlow at the source but maybe if he could get footage and take it to higher parties like the news or the government maybe they could stop Ludlows plan in its tracks.

Lyla had been sitting in a room adjacent to John's bedroom and she heard a knock, she assumed it was either John's assistant or Lex and Tim since they came for a visit or even Alan coming to say goodbye. After she said to come in, a familiar face that wasn't Lex or Tim or Alan looked right at her.

"Well well well if it isn't the great Ian Malcom" Lyla stated

"I wouldn't call myself great but I'll take that compliment, you've grown a lot" Ian said

"Yep such is life" said Lyla

"So congrats on the new promotion, you did get the job right?"

Lyla slapped her face with her hand and said "no Ian I did not.. hence why I am sitting in this room"

Ian chuckled and said "my bad then. Well I guess I better find John"

"Before you do that, what brings you here anyways" Lyla inquired

"Oh well my acquaintance and lover Sarah Harding took a job with him and she hasn't been seen in a while so I'm quite concerned about her wellbeing" Ian replied

"Well don't tell John I spoiled this but we have cams on the island and just yesterday I saw a lady which i would assume is the only person allowed  on the island currently so I can assure that she's safe"  Lyla said

"Well that's good to know, but I'll still talk with him anyways" Ian said

After exchanges of goodbye and nice seeing you again Lyla went back to her job.

***
In the days ahead Lyla saw that Ian and three others went to the island to look for Sarah and Ludlow was planning his Dino extraction as well which she thought would go over horribly.

On the cams she saw the trailer bus being torn apart by the T. rexes because Sarah and that dummy nick van Owen decided to take their baby and a man that she met at the vote named Eddie had died. She saw the idiocy of the ingen people going into the tall grass where the raptors most likely were and she saw the chaos at the abandoned buildings that her mother once worked at.

It wasn't until one day John called Lyla into his room and he said "you may want to look at this."

He turned the tv on and the news popped up, the reporter then said "we have news that Peter Ludlow head of the ingen company is making a speech now at the boat docks. Let's go down to sally for the speech.

Lyla listened to it, half ignoring his words because she knew whatever he said wouldn't be all true but it was one thing that made her perk up and that was "as I speak a ship is on its way to San Francisco that's carrying one of these dinosaurs and it should be here soon"

John nodded to Lyla and in her rush she grabbed her coat, her keys to her car, her bag that she had at the park and a shotgun. She loaded up her stuff and sped off ready to berate Ludlow.

AN: so I decided to not have Lyla go to Sorna herself just to speed up the story but as you can tell she will be involved in the San Diego incident so look forward to that either this next Tuesday or Thursday.