Chapter 2: The paddock

"Ok missy time to wake up" Muldoon said hovering over Lyla's bed

"Pardon the intrusion but it's almost time so I brought some gear for you" Muldoon continued

"Gear?" Lyla said with a groggy voice

"Yeah sorry forgot to mention the job you applied for is a Dino handler"

"Oh well this is definitely the right job for me" Lyla said excitedly

Muldoon just nodded and told her to meet him outside once she was ready.

When Lyla got outside she noticed it was dark, of course it was early morning so it would have been but she had no clue as to why this needed to happen now but she went with it.

"Um Mr. Muldoon aren't we going to take a jeep?" She asked

"No where we're going is just a few miles down from the visitor centre so no need for a vehicle.

Once they got to their destination, Lyla saw a paddock that looked like it would keep more of the little dinosaurs in it but when she saw the crate and heard what came from it she knew these things weren't little.

Muldoon had her sit close but not too close and told her to just observe what was happening and watch the handlers.

Lyla nodded and then asked "what Dino's are these?"

"Raptors that's what they are"

Lyla's face went into shock as she knew raptors were known for a lot of things and if they somehow escaped everyone was screwed.

Nonetheless she sat quietly and noticed that the Dino's weren't cooperating as she could hear the chirps from them and before she looked away she saw that a handler had gotten into the clutches of one of the raptors, Muldoon being concerned about this shouted "shoot her!" shoot.. a sound of the tranq gun was heard and Lyla was holding it.

They had successfully put the raptors in but before Lyla could walk back, Muldoon stopped her.

"What do you think you were doing there Mayfield?" "Trying to get yourself and that other guy killed!?"

"Look I was trying to save the guys life so I went out of my way to tranq it" Lyla explained

Muldoon shook his head and said

"Yes I understand and I'm slightly impressed only slightly, but that still doesn't make it ok that you could have been seriously hurt or again killed.

Lyla got a little frustrated at that but under Muldoons orders she went back to the visitor centre to get some rest before the rest of the day happened.

AN: so I did have more plans for this chapter but I'm going to put those in the next chapter just to split it up a little more, if you want any bonus scenes or suggestions I will take them and they may or may not be in the story.