Chapter 7: The T rex

A while later in the evening, Hammond was told by Muldoon that a storm was coming and ordered Nedry to keep stuff on and little did he know that Nedry would shut the power off to pull off his plan.

Nedry took a wrong turn with it being rainy and muddy and ended up in the dilophosaurus area, he tried to get his winch to tie to a tree but to no avail it seemed like it was broken. A dilophosaur came up to him in curiosity perhaps smelling food on him and Dennis simply tried to get it to fetch a stick but it wasn't working so he went back to try to winch the jeep up the hill again and it still wasn't working, he sat there wondering how and then it came to him who might have sabotaged his vehicle but the poisonous Dino had gotten in and spat on him and all he could say before being attacked was "curse you Lyla!!!"

T. rex paddock

Lyla had heard distant screams which she assumed had been nedrys and she simply smiled. She had been in the jeep with Gennaro and the kids waiting for the power to come back on and Tim was playing with something

"Hey where'd you get that?" Gennaro asked

"Under my seat" Tim replied

"Are they heavy?"

"Yeah"

"Then they're expensive so put em back" Gennaro commanded

Lyla even though she was a teenager she still had more authority over Gennaro than he did and so she whispered "it's ok you can use those" to Tim

Tim put on the goggles and exclaimed they were night vision goggles and while he was playing with them, Lyla noticed the water in the cups were rippling which she thought was weird

Tim now worried asked "did you feel that?" Lyla saw he was talking to lex but she answered him and said "yeah stay quiet for a minute"

They heard booming steps and lex now scared hung onto Lyla and Tim held on to lex

A few seconds later they heard something hit the roof hard and it was a goat leg from when they tried to get a look at the T. rex earlier

"Oh jeez" Gennaro said

Tim poked his head out the sunroof and saw the T. rex standing there finishing her meal off and Gennaro now got a look at it to then open the doors and run to the washroom.

"He left us, he left us alone." "Lyla he left us!" Lex said now freaking out

"It's ok guys, it won't notice us if we don't move" Lyla said

In her mind she thought "Gennaro you're a bloody idiot"

Lyla was calm but she was also worried, she saw Lex going for the flashlight and said "give it to me I'm going to see if Malcolm or Grant can decipher Morse code"

She started blinking the light to spell out SoS but what she forgot was the T. rex could probably see it

The T. rex started nudging at the car and was succeeding at it almost now pushing Lyla and the kids over the edge and flipping them upside down.

Lyla had awoken to see that Lex was under the vehicle and She heard grants voice asking "Tim, Lex, Lyla are you alright?"

"I think we're both stuck!" Lyla answered

"Ok I'll get Lex out first and see what I can do for you guys!" He said

The T. rex had noticed both Tim and Lyla and decided they would be good snacks and so in a attempt it stuck its tongue in the vehicle to get at them but since Callie was still with Lyla she managed to get onto the Rex's nose and bite at it which left the big Dino mad.

In one final attempt it pushed the car over the edge and onto a tree, Lex and Grant had managed to get on the ground but they now had to save Lyla and Tim before it was too late.

AN: i decided to skip a few things as Lyla wouldn't have had a huge impact on it like the control room scene or the triceratops but if you would like to see it I'll add a bonus scene. Also I had nedrys death be a little sooner so Lyla could react to it.