Chapter 4: The Guests

There were two jeeps. One Lyla was driving and the other one of the other young workers was driving.

Lyla hoped Alan and Ellie and Ian would go to her car as she wanted to ask Alan and Ellie what digging dinosaur bones was like even though she knew she was in the presence of them and because she was a fan of Ian Malcom's books which ironically she brought to read in her spare time she was going to ask if he could sign them and answer some questions she had.

But to her utter disappointment John and the lawyer got into her jeep.

She didn't hate John at all but she couldn't stand the lawyer and the fact she had to drive the 5 miles back to the visitor centre with him in her vehicle was an absolute nightmare.

They drove through and fence and Gennaro started talking "the full fifty mile of perimeter fence are in place"?

"And the concrete moats, and the motion sensor tracking systems. Donald, dear boy, do try to relax and enjoy yourself."

Hammond replied

"Let's get something straight here John, this is not a weekend excursion, this is a serious investigation of the stability of the island..

Lyla tuned Gennaro out only to hear the last bit of what he was saying "forty-eight hours from now if they aren't convinced, I'm not convinced and I can shut you down John"

Forty-eight hours from now,  I'll be accepting  your apologies. Now get out of the way so I can see them.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world" John said

Lyla gave a little smirk knowing that Gennaro was shut down like that and as she was driving she saw Ellie being fascinated with the plants and she could kind of hear her rambling on about how the plants were extinct and as she got closer to the same brachiosaurus that she saw when she first came to the park, Hammond motioned for her to stop and she did

She got out of the Jeep and took a leaf from a tree and held it up for the brachiosaurus

Alan stood up from his seat and asked "hey what is that girl doing?"

Hammond laughed and said "oh my apologies I forgot to introduce her, this is Lyla she'll be with us for the weekend"

Before Alan could respond he saw the brachiosaurus and took off his sunglasses, he was struck with awe and he turned Ellie's head to where he was looking and all she could say was "oh-my-gosh"

"That's a dinosaur!" Alan said

"You did it. You crazy son of a gun, you did it" Malcom said

The brachiosaurus took the leaf out of Lyla's hand and she heard the two palaeontologists talking about the height and how wrong science was now that they saw the real thing

Lyla came up to them and said "by the way we've clocked the T-Rex at thirty two miles per hour

Ellie looked at Lyla with shock and said "you've got a T-Rex?! They've got a T-Rex"

"Say again?" Grant asked

"Yes we have a T-Rex" Hammond said

Grant felt faint and sat down from all this info and while Ellie was comforting him Hammond told Lyla she could welcome them.

Lyla faced them both and said "Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler, Welcome to Jurassic Park!"

Grant turned to Hammond and asked "so how did you do it? how did you do this?"

"I'll show you" Hammond said

Lyla then heard Gennaro say something that she knew was true. "we're going to make a fortune with this place!"

They then went in the jeep and proceeded to the visitors centre.

AN: well here we go this is just the beginning of the movie and there's much more, I'll try to update weekly and usually it'll be a big chapter as I'll go scene by scene and as you could tell I used the script from the movie but took out some of the lines and I'll continue to do that for all my arcs as I have the second movie planned as well as all three Jurassic World movies but Lyla will still be the main character and make a difference.
Like I say each week will be a chapter as I'll write the whole scene from the movies so next chapter will be the visitor centre scene and I'll add some scenes with Lyla like the one I did with her and Susie. But otherwise I hope you're enjoying the story!