Chapter 18: Welcome to Jurassic World

(Isla nublar 2015)

AN Lyla is 36
14 years had passed since Masrani had come to Lyla for the deal. Ingen was thriving because of it and Lyla still held her position as head of the Ingen company, she was also Masrani's right hand woman. The park had been open for 10 years  and it definitely achieved John Hammonds dream and it was something to behold for the workers and guests.

(Flashback to may 30, 2005 POV Lyla )
Hopping on that plane was all too familiar to me, it took me back to when I was 14 and didn't know much about what this ad in Costa Rica was about, but now being 26 I know a whole lot more than I did then. But I had flashbacks to seeing the gates, of Jurassic park. walking through the paddocks, feeding the Dino's and whatnot, I feel like girls now at 14 wouldn't have gone for it. The plane landed and I quickly got off, "hmm that still hasn't changed all these years" i thought to myself.

I walked to the dock where they had ships to get to the island, which I totally could have landed right at the park but Masrani wanted me to have the guest experience which wasn't entirely bad.

After getting off the ship, I then went onto a train. Some other guests were with me since it was opening day and I turned to a young woman saying "well they got us on planes they have us on trains and what's next, automobiles?" She laughed and said you know with all this fancy tech I wouldn't put it past these guys." I held my hand out and said "nice to meet you I'm Lyla Grant" her face dropped and without hesitation responded "oh my gosh you're the kid of Alan Grant I've read his books and did research on you!" She then continued "I'm Claire, Claire Dearing, I just got  hired on with Masrani."

"He must have wanted you to have the guest experience as well" I said while laughing

"Yep that's exactly what happened"  Claire said

We got near the entrance and they had gates just like Jurassic park that read "Jurassic world" then after entering the gates I saw what looked like a futuristic version of the park. There was a visitor centre, a water type exhibit, shops for people to go to and much more. A tear shed down my face cause I could only think about how John would react to this, he had his feelings about the park after the incident but I feel like he would have been satisfied with this.

We got off the train and were directed to the visitor centre which ironically was named the John Hammond visitors centre which was a nice tribute to him.

Masrani was first to greet me and handed me my work clothes and said "we're doing the rope cutting in like 5 minutes, best you go put that on"

I went into a bathroom and changed. I felt like I was 14 again and if my 14 year old self could only be in this moment I think she would have geeked out more than I did.

We stepped outside and thousands of guests lined up in the main shopping strip to watch the opening of this park. Simon took the mic and then started speaking

"hello guests you've come from all over the world to experience the dream that John Hammond once had, 65 million years ago these dinos lived on earth and now 65 million years later they have returned and now humans can see what they were like, many of our things include, a petting zoo for the kids, a T. rex paddock with feedings, a mosasaurus also with feedings. Our visitors centre with Dino digs, facts about the Dino's, a theatre to show how we brought Dinosaurs back and a lab for all to see, I now will pass the mic over to a original worker of the Jurassic park that stands on this island, Lyla you have the floor.

I took the mic, took a deep breath and said "hello everyone I'm Lyla Grant. As some of you may know I worked at Jurassic park under Hammond and others. I also got appointed head of the ingen company after the tragic death of Peter Ludlow" i smiled a little bit knowing who caused that

"4 years ago ingen wasn't doing so good financially and Simon approached me with this deal. So here I am today working as his right hand woman and the head boss of ingen, I'm excited for you all to experience the park and I hope to see you all around."

I quickly passed the mic back to Simon as I wasn't a very good public speaker and he understood that. He handed the scissors to me and then said. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Jurassic world" as I cut the rope the people started flooding in and I knew this park would be good and nothing would go wrong with it"