Chapter 17: trouble on sorna

22 year old Lyla had been the head of ingen for about 4 years, she attended the funeral of John Hammond and met with old friends and she also tried to keep ingen afloat because despite her taking the position from Peter Ludlow due to his death, he did do some damage because he used a lot of funds to try to transport the Dino's to San Francisco and it was still following Lyla and the financial department of ingen like a raptor hunting for food.

It was late may and Lyla had been getting ready for bed when she got a phone call from a random number, being confused she answered it hesitantly and said "hello who is this?"

"Lyla it's Alan, I'm in trouble"

"Wait Alan! Where are you and are you safe?"

"Well you're going to be mad at me for this but I'm on Sorna with a couple others"

"Sorna! You know that's restricted to the general public!" Lyla said

"Yes I know but I got scammed because some parents were looking for their kid and said they would pay me for it but they lied"

"Ugh I'm sorry that happened now what do you need"

"We're being chased by a spinosaurus and we need to get out of here soon so I need you to get some helicopters out here" Alan said

"Ok yeah I'll be right on that"

Lyla hung up the phone and then contacted the rescue team, but much to her dismay she found out that because of the funds they couldn't provide good weapons and their funding only covered stuff for the helicopters, but because Lyla wanted to save Alan she went ahead with it and would deal with it later.

The following day she sent the helicopters, and managed to pull off the rescue but then she got more news saying that ingen would probably go bankrupt in the next few days and be forced to shut down.

Lyla sat at her office desk and just sighed, she drank her coffee and thought "I'm a failure just like my mother, why did I ever accept this position"

While she was lost in thought her secretary came to her door and said "excuse me ma'am but someone is here to see you, a man named Simon masarani.

She told the secretary to bring him in and as he walked in Lyla saw that he was a tall, Indian man who looked like he had money but she wasn't entirely sure and before she could greet him it felt like she was the visitor and he was the guest.

Shaking Lyla's hand he stated "good afternoon miss grant, I've come here to pitch an idea to you and before you say anything let me begin, I understand that your company is basically going to sink in the next couple days but I have a solution, I have a company after my name called Masrani industries, we're inspired by John Hammonds dream and we wanted to build a new park on isla nublar where the very park you worked at was. Only this time it will be called Jurassic World. So my proposal to you is we form a partnership, you give us permission to build on the island and we'll keep you afloat by paying you. How does that sound?"

"Look mr masrani that sounds good and all but you don't have to do that, plus nublar hasn't been touched in a long time I don't know how you'll build on it"

"We have our ways miss grant and I can assure you once the park is built you will be my second in command, of course you can still lead ingen and all, I wouldn't take that away from you."

"You'll even have an opportunity to work with dinosaurs just like you did all those years ago."

"How do you know that I worked at Jurassic park?" Lyla asked

"Word goes around and it goes fast" said Simon

Lyla thought about it for a good moment and then held out her hand saying "Mr masrani I think we've got a deal!"

AN: we now enter the Jurassic world arc. Be prepared for twists and turns and Lyla's adventures in Jurassic world, her relationship with Claire and Owen, her reaction toward the raptors and her experience with the indominus Rex