●Chapter Twenty-One: Tea and Help●

Connor always found himself in the strangest of situations, didn't he? There he sat in his throne room on his large throne. The brunette felt like he was losing himself in this place, his memories blurred or not complete leaving him to be alone.

Evan, who he found out was his right-hand man had left for a moment due to finding out one of his soldiers had been killed in their recent outing to the camp. Connor felt deep hatred grow remembering the place.

Did anyone even care he was gone, missing? Letting out a sigh he sat back leaning on the throne. It was boring here since he wasn't so professional at the time, they didn't trust him enough to do more than be the face of the monster world. "Hello, your majesty." Well, except for one person. Turning his head, he caught sight of one of his faithful servants.

"Roma, good to see you." His voice was hollow, an empty shell of the boy he once was before. She reminded him of the lavender-haired he saw in his dreams and memories. Despite looking nothing like the other, Roma seemed to see something others didn't. But, Connor could never imagine himself in that kind of relationship with the shadow. His heart just would never allow that to happen. When it belongs to the beautiful emerald.

Roma was on his knee before standing up with a bow looking up to him. Roma did not have a mouth shown, but Connor knew if he could see it Roma would be smiling. "I have noticed that you seemed quiet, what's the word humans called it? Upset, was it?" Connor paused, turning to him fully on the throne. "And may I ask why you would think this?" He asked her. Roma blinked, moving closer towards him.

"You have the same body motions I've seen humans make, a sadder frown than Evan has had in his entire life here, and your eyes more longing for something, or someone," Connor smirked at this tilting his head, the shoulders of the other raised slightly at the action catching his attention.
"And what are you suggesting Roma?" His tone came off something he only did once he thinks. It deepened almost causing the shadow to go still looking away before back at him.

"You find your other ruler? The queen once had one but, they were killed by the humans before they could be wed." Roma felt their face flush, humans were interesting creatures and this human in front of him was just the kind he liked. Connor felt his eyes widened as he looked away.

"Connor, I have a question for you." A voice called out, a lovely and familiar one. Connor quickly turned, recognizing he was in a cabin with green. There at the bed near his was Gene, but their face was just blurred a slight bit only revealing faint parts of their face he could barely see. They were wearing a long-sleeved green shirt with black shorts that were a little short

. He felt his mouth move on it's own. "Yeah, what is it En?" En? Was it a nickname, was it apart of their name? The other seemed hesitant catching his attention. "Where were you the past night?" They asked, Connor felt his own body stop and his heartbeat quickly. Moving his body reached towards the other, his hand sliding onto their hip and a hand to their right cheek on their face gently. "I just have a friend who is texting me asking me for help." He answers, even himself knew that was a lie.

Damn past him, couldn't he have picked a better lie than that? Gene looked hesitant as they brought their hand to hold his face. "Rain? I notice she seems tired around the time you are." They asked, Connor paused, Rain... Rain, Rain, Rain.. Who is she? Connor could feel his heart pace, "Yeah, Rain." He comments, somewhat bitterly. Connor's eyes moved without his control going towards their other hand. "Hey Eugene, what happened to your fist?" The other stilled before sighing and smiling. "I accidentally hit the wall."