●Chapter Seven: Killing a Monster and A Stange Book●

Rain let out a sigh as she snook into the storage closet. She had to make sure that she was not going to get caught by Eric or Jimmy. Carefully she closed the door, it was pitch black. Rain let out a groan as she reached above searching for a string. Finally, her finger skimmed over a metal string. Rain immediately grasped it pulling it down. A golden orange light flickered before staying on. Rain let her own eyes adjust to the light before moving over to the shelf. It was a tall shelf, filled with empty and full spaces.

Rain thought deeply as she grabbed her phone. The time was two-seventeen AM, last time the freak of a monster showed up it was around two-twenty something. Rain had to do a logical guess and think that the monster probably appeared at two-twenty-two. It made the most sense because it would be a triple number but, she cannot be so sure, so she had to be ready before that time.

She hadn't seen Connor the entire rest of the day after the counselors brought the two of them to the side. Not like she was complaining because to be honest it would be best not to have to deal with the monster and the weak boy. Rain let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

How in god's name was she supposed to kill a fucking monster!? Rain looked through the shelves, there had to be something to kill a split headed monster with freakish teeth and tons of blood. Rain felt her spine get shivers, but she pushed it away. Rain looked over to the shelf, there was a sledgehammer. That was quite a dumb move incase children got ahold of it, but it was lucky for her.

Carefully she reached for the hammer, gripping on the handle. She made her grip firm as she lifted it. Her eyes widened as she let out a painful yelp. The sledgehammer felt painfully heavy. The top parts of her arms were in pain from being stretched. Rain let out a shaky breath as she lifted the hammer up.

Rain painfully held the sledgehammer as she grabbed her phone. It was twelve-twenty. "Fo-or Go-od stak-kes!" Rain could not even manage to speak without feeling pain. How in the world was she supposed to attack a monster if she can't even hold a hammer!? Rain carefully opened the door as she dragged the hammer across the floor to the grass. Just as Rain's phone struck twelve-twenty-two, the sound of sharp wind blew through the air. A harsh glow escaped the lake makeing Rain squint her eyes.

A grey arm escaped the lake as Rains grip hardened. Her eyes staired deeply at the monsters arm. Her arms were in pain but whe couldn't care less. Suddenly another arm appeared, just slightly more grey. "Oh, shit!"

Rain let her words come out of her mouth as she painfully moved to by a tree. What the hell was she supposed to do? There was now TWO monsters! Rain let out a shakey breath.
Her grip tightened as she heard a not so familiar growl come from the new monster. At least she knew what time the creature appears if she fails.
Suddenly her head felt light, she legs started to shake.

It's ok, everything is going to be fine. Suddenly the loud and heavy footsteps stopped, right behind her. Rain could feel tears trying to escape. Her breath was shakey as she gripped it tighter. The monster let a low and deep growl out. "I-... sMell-- .. He.R.." Rain felt her cheek start to bleed from hard she was biting it. The monster came closer as Rain gripped it.

Without realizing it she held the slam hammer and raised it up. She Imeaditly turned around the tree and slammed the sledgehammer into one of the monsters. Rain felt pain so badly making her drop the hammer and grab her arm. The bone looked out of place making her gag. Tears formed from her eyes in pain as she took a step back.
The pain was agonizing but now she was able to see the attacked the monster right where its brain was.

It was bloody, and brain parts were everywhere. Now she really felt like throwing up, especially when she saw how the monsters head had a bigger dent and was ten times as bloodied as before. The monster that was still alive let out a painful shriek making Rain loose her footing falling to the floor.

The monster ran over ontop of the dead one. As it let out noises similar to sobs. Its hands wrapped around the monsters back as it tried to put its brains and head back together.

Almost as if it could save them. It let out a growl mixed with a sob. Rain felt her lip quiver as she scoot back with her arms only to let out a shriek of pain. The monsters head moved up looking to her. It was shaking, its grip on the other monster tightened. "B-rot.h.er!!"

It whimpered out as it carefully placed the monster down turning to the girl.
Rain let out a yelp as the monster went full charge to her. Rain tried to get up but her foot got stuck on somthing she could bot see.

"MY-..Ba--b..Y BR-o..Th...-Er!" Rain let out a scream as the monster went silent. She expected that she would be tortured, mabey it would RIP out her organs as it ate them, keeping her alive. But nothing came, she heard a heavy breath came making her look to see Connor slamming the sledgehammer repeatedly into the monster.

"Fuck, you!" He shakingly said as he threw the sledgehammer into the grass. Rain got her foot unstuck from what appeared to be a Bush.
Rain got up as she carefully walked to the boy. Connor met her eyes as he stood still. "Are you alright?" He whispered as his eyes moved to look at her arm. "What does it look like dipshit!" Rain mumbled as she staired at the boy. Suddenly the air was sharp as somthing red slammed into the back of the boys head.

"Agh!" Connor quickly covered his mouth as Rain staired at the boy. "D-did you just moan?" Connors face became red as he bent down picking up the item that hit him. It was a book with a red cover, it had a rose design on the spine.

"What the hell?!"