●Chapter Four: Worried Glances and Disgusting Food●

Rain felt her whole body ace as she forced herself to get up. There was a bright light shining through the windows making Ethan let out a painful groan. Rain finally was able to get up, Rain slowley moved towards the bathroom.

Penelope gave her a worried glance but stayed silent. In all honesty Rain did not want nor speak of the incident of last night. She just wanted to try and figure this out without telling anyone. Like, how the hell would anyone believe her!?

Rain reached and grabbed her hair brush. Her grip was ferm as she placed the brush into her hair. As always, there was no tangles. Once she finished straightening her hair out she put it down grabbing her toothbrush. Rain turned the water on over the tooth brush. Once it was wet enough she turned the faucet off.

Rain grabbed her toothpaste unscrewing the cap. She squeezed out the toothpaste onto the bristles before shoving it into her mouth. Suddenly a knock was at the door frame. Rain continued scrubbing her teeth as she looked over to the door to see Penelope resting on the doorframe. Penelope seemed more worried than she looked like yesterday. Her hair was resting on her shoulders and she had an annoyingly bright yellow beanie.
She was fully dressed into the camps signature shirt, only with the color purple.

"We are supposed to be wearing our cabins shirts today." Penelope explained as Rain quickly spat into the sink making sure to wash the area of the sink.
"Alright, thank you for the information." Penelope gave her a pitying look. Tain was still in pajamas she should probably change. Penelope seemed to have read her mind"Before you change let me check your wound." Rain let out a sigh as she nodded her head. Penelope closed the door so the others would not see just as Rain sat down on the toilet lid.

Penelope walked over to her getting onto her knee. She smoothly moved Rains leggings up to where the wounded was. It used to be bandaged with white bandages but now they were soaking wet with red blood. Penelope gave a grimacing look at the sight as Rain felt nervousness shake her.

"Alright I'm going to use a special cream I brought with me ok? Rain nodded her head as she mumbled a quick "ok." Penelope swiped her two fingers into the cream before wiping it onto the wound.

"So, do you want to talk about where you went last night or how you got this wound or what?" Rain pulled her head back up as she bit her lip. "No, it's not that important. I just went to the lake and accidentally tripped on one of the unscrewed nails." Well, it was at least some of the truth.

She didn't mention the meeting with the brown haired boy, she didn't mention the monster, she didn't mention helping the stupid boy with his anxiety or panic attack.
Penelope gave her a doubting look but did not push any more as she focused on rebandadgeing her leg. Only now did Rain realise how this would have looked liked if someone walked in. Penelope was holding her leg as she on her knee, and Rain had her head practically up.
Of course right when she thought about that the opened letting out an unsatisfying noise.

Moon stood at the door way her eyes widened. Her face seemed to get slightly darker as she quickly closed the door. "I'M SORRY FOR INTERRUPTING YOU!" Rain held in a laugh as Penelope felt dread hit her like a truck as she quickly pulled Rains legging down before getting up and running after the girl. "MOON IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE! PLEASE DON'T FREAKING TELL ETHAN!"

Rain held in a laugh. Getting up ahe dressed into a jeans skirt with black shorts underneath with the signature purple shirt. She decided to grab some sunglasses putting them ontop of head.
Finnaly the cabins counselor whose name is Janet brought the group to the canteen. There was tons of tables filled with campers.

Rain moved into the lunch, she waited for her turn but felt her leg start to ace. She watched as the lunch man grabbed a scoop of sloppy mash potatoes and slammed it onto her plate along with smelly oatmeal. Rain felt like she was going to puke but swallowed it down as she felt the person beside her gag. Rain looked to see freaking Connor. Rain rolled her eyes as she walked away to a empty table. Connor quickly followed after her as he sat down across from her.

Rain glared at the boy as if she could burn holes through his skin.
"I'm not going to talk about it." Rain sternly said as she grabbed a spoon twirling it through her "food". Connor tapped his fingers onto the table annoyed Rain got a good look of the boy. His shirt was tucked in, it was green of course. He was wearing light brown pants with red tinis shoes. "You know we have to talk about it at some point." His voice was almost as stern as hers. Rain shook her head as she glared holes into her food. Rain grabbed the tray a threw it into the garbage can that was next to the table.

"Disgusting food." Rain mumbled as she heard small footsteps. "Of course the food is shit, this is a fucking summer camp after all." Connor sarcastically whisperd as the bench next to Rain got slightly heavier. Rain looked to see a nervous boy, his hair was a mess and he was in a pink shirt. "Swissy, can I have a hug?" Karl's voice broke as Rain felt her face soften.

"Of course, you don't ever have to ask!" Her voice noticeably changed which is probably why Connor stared at the girl. Rain held the boy as he let out a cry. Wet tears smudged her shirt but Rain did not care as she let the boy climb into her lap. The boy let out a few hiccups and sobs. "I-I miss mama and dad-dy!" Rain felt her chest ace. In all honesty she did two.

Even though her and her mom were not on the best of terms it still hurt. Especially when she realised she almost died, and she would have never been able to apologize to the women. Eugene walked over to the trio with a can of frozen pineapple slices, they sat down next to Connor.

"Hey duckling, it will be alright. If you want I can ask one of the counselors to call home." Their voice was soft as they reached over patting the boys back. Karl looked up at Eugene with tears still in his watery eyes. "Really?" His voice was soft and hoarse making Eugene's smile fall slightly.

"Of course, come on. I might be able to get you a popsicle aswell." Karl abandoned Rains lap running over to Eugene. Eugene waved to both Rain and Connor as Rain mouthed a thank you.
Connor felt a small smile pull onto his lips as he watched them leave.