●Chapter Thirteen: Explanations●

The air was warm, mainly from the fire in the fireplace. There was soft couches that made the two kids melt into them, and there was blankets everywhere.

Ethan knew the number one rule about stranger danger was not to follow them when they say, "Come to my cabin". But, honestly he was not thinking straight at the moment the man that he found out was named Sky requested that. And also, Eugene seemed to have been sort of frozen and it made the boy nervous.

Eugene sat next to the boy in covered in a red blanket. The two were quiet and confused, both trying to ignore the gun holsters on the wall with millions of weapons. "Do you think we can trust him?" Asked Ethan quietly, Eugene looked over to the boy hesitantly. "He saved us.. but I'm not sure." Their voice was husk and shakey.

Ethan nodded his head, the man had given the two a place to calm down, to warm up, and a shower to wipe off the mud, and currently he was making drinks. It was suspicious to Eugene about how kind and generous he was being. Especially since he didn't know the two, but Eugene did wonder where Penelope went. When the four were in the forest she looked around for the two and Sky forced the two to keep quiet. The girl looked around for them and ran back to the camp after grabbing a few items.

They couldn't help but feel sort of betrayed? Like, she just left them behind and didn't even look concerned or look back. She didn't even look longer than three minutes! That just wasn't something a friend would do. Sky had muttered somthing about "Dumb witch?" Whatever he meant by that.

Leaning more into the couch Ethan looked over to see Sky walking back into the room with to red mugs. Leaning over he looked to see it was hot chocolate. He always had to tell from context clues because he didn't have a since of smell. Eugene looked over, their hair still a bit wet from the shower making their hair darker and stick to their neck.

"Here, I made some hot chocolate. And then we can talk about what happened okay?" Sky asked in a high pitched voice, just slightly deep on certain words. The nodded their head silently and Sky passed the hot chocolate into their hands. Ethan held the red mug with one hand from the handle and Eugene held it with two hands on the mug itself feeling the warmth of the drink.

"Thank you." Ethan whispered taking a sip. He felt the liquid slip onto his top lip giving him a mustache. His face became warm as he wiped it off. Eugene looked down at the mug, knees into their chest. "You said the monster was a- uhm.. attrattori dei-." Eugene was cut off. "Attrattori del sangue." Sky corrected causing Eugene to awkwardly nod their head.

Letting out a sigh Ethan took another sip and Sky pulled out a chair in front of the couch facing it backwards and sitting on it facing the two. "A Attrattori del sangue is a monster that flys in the sky and uses its claws to grab onto its victims. Usually there is a nest where it comes from and drops its victims off before feeding them to its baby's or for itself." Sky spoke calmly and Ethan and Eugene looked horrified.

The boys face perked up and realizing how bad it sounded. "Ah shit, sorry should have found a subtle way of saying that. I'm sorry, I haven't talked to anyone for a year, my friend is going to come over later though to explain what has happened for him so far though!" Sky tried to reason which didn't help the twos case.

"Uhm, first of all, monsters are real!?" Ethan yeller confused causing the two to respond. "Yeah they are." They both said at the same time causing the room to go silent. Ethan and Sky slowly looking over to Eugene. Eugene's eyes widened as they realized this. "Eugene... what do you freaking mean.." Ethan asked glaring daggers at them.

Eugene let out a gulp as they looked back at their drink. "Uhm, I may or may not have met two monsters at the camp..." Eugene responded and Sky looked at them. "Those cabins have a protection seal! And it's against the rules to leave the cabins at night!" He yelled causing the two to look over at him.

"Excuse me?!" Ethan yelled just as Eugene yelled, "how did you know that!?" The two now questioning the man. Sky now was the one becoming red as he scratched the back of his neck. "Okay uhm, when I was younger my dad and mom had sent me to the camp but.. they didn't come back to pick me up. A monster had grabbed me and I kind of uhm.. got cursed to be stuck at this camp forever by the Signore dei mostri." Sky very quickly said making the two confused as hell.

"WHAT?!" The two yelled. Sky let out a shakey breath. "The Signore dei mostri, is the head, the lord of monsters. He controls all the monsters in the other realm." He tried to explain slowly, looking extremely uncomfortable.

"Every year since 1760, she had sent monsters out in the summer to kill children and bring their dead bodies to her." Looking down at his hot chocolate Ethan looked up. "She never spares her victims and she usually sends the "easy" monsters out at the beginning. I've learned that she every summer goes after the people that went to the camp, she would send her special monsters to kill them, and if they have kids, take them." Sky continued and Eugene froze.

"Its a really bad way of handling it but most parents send their kids to the camp in hopes or will protect the kids. But, it just makes the cycle continue.." Lettinf out a hushed breath he brought his fingers to hold his nose bridge annoyed with the bad way of handling the situation.

"Its a terrible way and I wish they could figure out a better way, but since that's how it was handled back then that's how they handle it now. Some parents don't even know this and eventually sign their kids up for a death sentence." He finished wanting to stop talking about this.

Ethan gulped down his spit, okay, so he's never having kids if he makes it out of this. "My mother did not go to the camp so if my father is alive or dead she won't be a victim. I originally thought that my father and mother died which is why they left me behind but, I have no proof of this." Looking over he noticed the two had very pale faces, Eugene's more pale.

"Are you alright?" He asked calming down and Eugene's lip shook. "A monster had told me it got my mother and was trying to get me to let it inside." They break causing the two to look over to them instantly. "When did this happen!?" Ethan yelled. Eugene looked back at him clutching the hot chocolate. "Last night..." they manage to say and Ethan looked shocked, they acted so normal all day.

Honestly, Eugene attempted to ignore it. They thought maybe the monster was manipulating them, maybe lying. They were trying their best to think good. But.. now that hope was dissatisfied. Sky let out a shakey breath. "Do you have a other guardian?" He managed to say. Eugene looked nervously away. "I have my sister. But shes in college at Scottland." Eugene told him.

Sky let out a scared breath putting his hand in his hair and out of his face. "Okay, that's not good. We will have to figure this out later." Ethan paused, we? They had to go back to the camp, they probably were looking for the two! And also, he wanted to be out of this!

But, it seemed he was stuck in this without his own choice. "Luckily the monster from the woods died before so it doesn't have your smell." Sky says looking away. He knew his friend would be coming soon.

Suddenly a knock came from the door with a familiar voice, "Sky! Are you inside?" Ethan and Eugene looked shocked recognizing the voice as Eric's himself.