•Chapter 23•

•Athena's POV•

•Athena's POV•

"You've only overworked your ankle. I bet it will be better in 1-2 more days of rest. If it isn't, schedule another appointment to see me, and we will see what's up." The doctor tells me, and I slump in relief.

I look up, and Kit smiles at me. I smile back and say thank you to the doctor. "I told you everything will be fine. You need to stop overworking yourself." He says, gently grabbing my hand to pull me up from the bench.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just so nervous. The official announcement about the people attending the Olympics comes out in 30 minutes. We will still be in the car when it comes out." I tell him, picking at my nails again.

'Don't you already know that you're going since you made it to the podium at the nationals?" He asks, confused.

"Yes, but no. Anything could happen. If they have any reason not to bring me to the Olympics, they won't, and that is what we find out today when they post it." I tell him, and he nods thoughtfully.

Time skip

United...kingdomfsofficial: Katy Issacs, Athena Adams, and Olivia Jane are the women single skaters representing the United Kingdom in the 2022 Beijing Olympics!

Comments disabled for this post

Athena's POV

"I'm in," I say, looking at the Instagram post made by the official UK account. "Wait, what?" Kit asks, eyes wide and still on the road. It's official. They just announced it on their Instagram account.

"I told you, Thena. I told you you would be in," he says with a broad smile. He grabs my hand and kisses it. Yeah, I know. I was just nervous," I say, smiling at the ceiling in pure relief. I know you are love, and I'm so proud of you," he says, looking at me for a moment.

"Thank you, Kit, for believing in me. You helped me more than you could ever believe," I tell him, looking at him. A light blush covers his cheek as he smiles. You did it all by yourself, Athena. I was just here cheering you on," he tells me. I shake my head in response.

A/N: My bad

A/N: My bad. If the layout looks funny, I usually write on my phone, but now I'm on my Chromebook.

Don't be a silent reader. Comment and vote, and make me happy :)