•Chapter 9•

•Athena's POV•

•Athena's POV•

I walk into the arena for day two of the competition. I'm in first place after my short program.

And I'm in the last half which means I can have a lot of off ice practice for my quad lutz.

Katy is the first person on the ice today, so I say goodbye while I go to the off ice gym.

Coach walks in after like 30 minutes when I'm trying to cleanly land my quad. "Joe and one of his friends are outside the gym." She tells me.

Which means she's telling me to take a break. I walk outside while putting a hoodie on. "What's up?" I ask looking at the both of them.

"We just wanted to say good luck." Joe says. "Did you like my sign?" Kit asks with a smug look on his face.

I laugh, "what did you even write on it I couldn't read it." He laughs "it said Athena Adams was born for first place. It was lame but I bought one of those flags with your face on it, but it didn't come in time." He tells me.

Just than coach comes out "okay come on it's time for your ice practice on the little practice rink." She tells me. "Alright, I just have to grab my stuff and say goodbye." She nods and starts heading to the rink where we practice at.

"I have to go, you can walk with me but let me grab my stuff." They nod and I grab my stuff.

"Can we watch you practice?" Kit asks. "I mean there are no promises but if I'm by myself my coach will probably let you." I shrug.

So I got to practice using this rink alone for an hour. And then it's the lunch break for everyone for an hour and a half. And then it's my rink time.

"Okay we will run through your program once and then see what we do after alright?" I nod take off my skate guards blow my nose one last time. And get to my position.

The music plays quietly over the speakers just enough for me to be able to hear it.

I land all of my jumps cleanly, besides my quad lutz. And coach directs me on how to help me fix it. And after five different tries I successfully land three clean quads.

I put my hands up happily, "yes, I did it!" I shout happily while wrapping my coach in a hug while she laughs. "Yes now it is time for the warm up on the comp ice." She tells me.

Joe hands me my skate guards and put them on my skates. Kit grabs my tissue box, and other things.

"Here I can hold it." I say putting my arms out to grab them. "No, no I got it." He says moving them out of my reach.