•Chapter 18•

•Athena's POV•

•Athena's POV•

I'm currently warming up for the long program for nationals, I took that couple days of break that Kit had suggested I do. It helped a lot more than I thought that it would.

I'm the second to last skater going on so I have a little bit, and I'm planning on going through my program more. 

Kit and Joe are in the audience, as they were for the short program, which didn't to bad I fell on one of my quads but landed the other two.

"You landed most of your practice jumps, which mean you will be able to land them, and remember you don't have to be first. You just have time get on the podium, to qualify for the Olympics. I know you can Thena." My coach tells me as I'm walking back to the warm up area.

——-Time skip——
My music starts, I go through the motions, like clockwork. The first quad is coming up, It's wobbly but I land it.

The second quad, I don't land it I fall, "I have to power though I still have a double axel and one more quad." I think.

My double axel is up I land it perfectly. My step sequence is up, I do amazingly wobbling a little during a spin.

My last jump, and I land it but have a touchdown.

I'm done. I'm disappointed in myself. I only landed one clean jump a double. I hold up my hands and now to the judges and fans as they through stuff onto the ice.

I smile a little but once I get in my coaches arms I break, "do you think I'll podium?" I ask sniffling into her shoulder. "I honestly don't know let's go see what your score is." She tells me patting my back.

3rd. I'm in third which men's dig the person after me has a higher score than me I'll be off the podium.

I start crying again curling my back against my legs defeated. "It'll be okay, let's go." She says pulling me up. I just walk away and follow her out.

I skate up to the third place on the podium. Smiling cause I was on the podium.

" THIRD PLACE! ATHENA ADAMS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM!" The announcer's voice boom in the rink. The crowd yells.

After the podium I'm walking though the halls. When somebody suddenly yells my name; I turn around and see Kit and Joe running. Causing me to laugh.

"You did amazing! Since you were one the podium does that mean you going to the Olympics?" Kit asks a little out of breath.

"Yes. I'm going to the Olympics in February." I tell him, that's when he picks me up which makes me drop my stuff.

"Thena you don't understand how proud I am of you!" He tells me. "Thanks Kit." I laugh holding onto him.

He lets go of me and I go up to Joe he wraps me in his arms, "Joe I made it, I'm going to the Olympics." I say into his shoulder.

My reality coming to me, my dream since I started when I was four, the reason why my family and I are estranged and don't talk. It's coming true.

"I'm so proud of you Athena" he whispers it's so simple but coming from him, someone I think of as my brother. It means the world.

A/N: look at me posting 2 chapters in one week bell 2 chapters 1 month🙀