•Chapter 24•

•Kit's POV•

•Kit's POV•

My girl is going to the Olympics. I look over at her sleeping face, her brown hair slightly covering her face as a soft snore comes out of her mouth. "I think I'm falling in love with you," I say softly, careful not to wake her.

"Hey, Athena, we are at your place." I wake her softly; she mumbles and burrows deeper into the seat. "Love, you got to wake up and sleep in your bed," I say, shaking her a little more.

"I'm up, I'm up," she tells me as she swats my hand away, causing me to chuckle under my breath. "Do you need anything?" I ask once I know she's awake enough to tell me and not be confused. "No, I don't think so," she tells me as she rubs the sleep from her eyes.

"Okay, let me walk you to your apartment then," I tell her as I unbuckle my seatbelt She nods tiredly and starts to unbuckle herself.

We start walking towards the building when she asks, "Do you just want to stay the night tonight? I mean, it's late, and I have a feeling you're tired." we open the door to the building.

"I mean, sure if it's okay with you, and I will have to ask my mom, but she won't care," I respond, grabbing my phone out of my pocket to text my mom. I hit send when the elevator doors opened, and we were on her floor.

"If you can't, that's fine; I just thought I'd offer," she tells me, trying to shrug off her feelings. I have noticed this over the past few months: how she tries to shrug off random things that make her anxious.

"Why do you do that?" I ask, confused. She pauses while putting her key into the keyhole and hovers over it. "Do what?" she asks me while unlocking and opening the door.

"Shrug off your words as if they don't matter," I tell her, as she avoids my gaze. She shrugs, and my phone dings. "I can stay over. My mom's fine with it." I tell her, and she nods and goes to sit down at her counter.

"I don't know why I do it, I've kinda just always done it." She shakes her head. "Well, we are going to work on it, okay?" I tell her grabbing her shoulders, and I smile at her. "Okay," Is all she says while nodding her head. 

"Do you want something to eat?" She asks standing up and looking in her pantry. "Not really, but thank you." She nods and grabs a shake that is in her fridge. 

"You can take the bed, I'll take the couch." She tries to tell me I shake my head.

 "I'm not taking your bed from you Athena, and you have practice tomorrow," I tell her. She nods. "I'll be right back then," She says as she walks into her hallway only to walk back a few minutes later with blankets and a pillow. 

"Thank you," I tell her, as she makes a bed on her couch for me. She smiles and nods. I can't have people going on about how I'm a bad host for the Kit Connor. Now can I" She chuckles. "Of course not, that would be very bad for your reputation." Once she is done she stands up and looks at me. 

I walk over to her and place my hands on her cheeks. I place a kiss on her head, "Goodnight Thena." I tell her she mumbles a goodnight and goes into her room. I sit on the couch and lay down, falling asleep surrounded by the smell of her. 

A/ N: I did not proofread this chapter so if it is bad don't yell at me, please:) This chapter was supposed to be up last Friday but then my little sister got appendicitis and I stayed with her in the hospital

A/ N: I did not proofread this chapter so if it is bad don't yell at me, please:) This chapter was supposed to be up last Friday but then my little sister got appendicitis and I stayed with her in the hospital. But she is good now back home and back to being mean to me