•Chapter 17•

•Kit's POV•I walk into the rink that Joe sent me too

Kit's POV•
I walk into the rink that Joe sent me too. Still confused because this isn't the training rink she goes to. Until I walk into the rink area and see a small girl lying on her stomach, banging her fists against the ice, while fast tears stream down her eyes.

I realize that it is Athena, without a second thought I jog down to the doors that allow you to get on the ice. I whip open the door and try to get to her as fast as I can.

Once I get to her she finally realizes someone is there with her, "Hey, what's going on? Are you okay?" I rush out, grabbing onto her face gently.

"I'm crazy for even thinking I was ever good enough to make it," she tells me I instantly know what she's talking about she has been telling me for the past few days she's been struggling to land some of her jumps.

"You know that's not true. You're one of the most qualified people that I have ever met to win. You work hard, you train you gave up your social life, hell you gave up your family life to achieve this goal, I know you are going to win, everyone else knows you are, the only person that doesn't is you." I tell her staring into her beautiful brown eyes.

"If you think I can do this, then why the fuck can't I land any of my quads can you tell me that?" she asks me raising her voice in anger, tears once again spouting in her eyes. "You are just going through a slump. Rest for a few days and it will be better"

"I can't rest the championships are this weekend!" She shouts frustratingly. "It's only Sunday Rest until Wednesday and then you can have a little fun," I tell her still looking into her eyes. She finally nods and drops her head, the only thing holding it up is my hands.

"Let's get you home," I say grabbing her hands and pulling her up, which isn't easy considering I'm wearing shoes on the ice. 'Why are you on the ice?" she asks looking at me confused. "I was worried about you, " I tell her simply.

She looks towards the ground and starts skating still hanging on to my arm helping me out.

"You didn't have to come check on me I was fine." She tells me as she's putting on her hard skate guards.

"I'm glad I did; you weren't responding to anyone's messages, even after your practice ended. So Joe told me sometimes you come here." I tell her truthfully.

She sits down on the bench and unlaces her skates, and cleans off the blades. And puts the soft guards on and puts them in her bag.

She looks at me with tears in her eyes. "Winning an Olympic gold medal is all I've ever wanted, all I've ever worked for, I'm terrified that if I don't win my life will have no purpose. All I've ever worked for was for nothing." She tells me another tear dripping down her face.

A/N: sorry for disappearing for months but I think y'all are kinda used to it at this point tbh

A/N: sorry for disappearing for months but I think y'all are kinda used to it at this point tbh. Anyways happy holidays and merry Christmas if you celebrate 🩷🩷🙀🥰😘❤️💕😇🤭😝🤗