Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I sighed and decided to make a robot that could tie my hair up quicker. Unfortunately it didn't turn out to well as it kind of exploded in my face, metal screws and bolts flying past my face everywhere.

I eventually gave up on my project and looked at the time. It was well into the afternoon and I hadn't noticed the last bell ring to signify the end of school for the day.

I opened my lab door and shut it behind me, starting to walk home. Just as I stepped foot outside the institute doors, I heard someone call my name. It was Hiro. Couldn't that kid leave me alone for once?

"Yes Hiro?" I asked.

"Wanna walk home together? You know... seeing as we live near each other and all." He asked.

"Yeah sure I don't mind." I answered. Truthfully I was annoyed, I really wanted to be left alone, not because I wanted to be a loner but because I knew the only reason Hiro wanted to talk to me about was my hair, that's all he ever said to me.

"Do you think you could at least tell me why you can't cut your hair?" He asked. Yep! There he goes again.

"It is kind of personal, sorry Hiro." I apologised.

"That's cool, like I said, I understand." He responded.

"So Hiro, apart from robotics, what do you do?" I asked.

"Uhh... hang with my friends really." He answered.

"Who are your friends?" I asked curious.

"They are really awesome, their names are Honey Lemon, Wasabi, Fred, GoGo and Baymax. You should really meet them sometime." He exclaimed.

"I wouldn't mind, as long as they don't go on about my hair." I said.

"If you don't want people noticing your hair, shouldn't you cut it?" Hiro asked.

"It's because of my father." I said.

"Okay... well I guess I will see you tomorrow?" Hiro asked. I looked at our surroundings and noticed we were outside my front door.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied.

"Great! See you!" He called, walking off. I sighed and entered the house to hear muffling sounds come from the lounge room.

"Dad? I'm home!" I called.

"Oh hello (Y/n)! I would like you to meet Abigail." He said, introducing me to a young woman in her twenties. "She will be helping us sort out your hair problems and also be pretending to be your older sister." He explained.

"And what does she get in return?" I asked.

"A piece of immortality." My father said, somehow I wasn't too surprised.

"Sure okay." I agreed. The young woman called Abigail smiled at me and waved. She had brown hair and eyes and a kind smile.

"Hi (Y/n)! I'm Abigail and I will be pretending to be your older sister and help you with your hair. In return I only ask to be immortal." she requested.

"Sure I can do that now, just place your hand in my hair." I instructed. She did as so and I began to sing the song my father told me. Once my hair stopped glowing, Abigail looked like she was 18.

"I'll see you tomorrow then (Y/n)." She smiled and waved goodbye. After a while it was only me and my dad in the room.

"So how was your first day of school?" He asked.

"It was cool, you?" I asked.

"I taught a few classes and it was actually a great success!" My father exclaimed proudly.

"That is wonderful, if you don't mind I think I'm going to go to bed... I'm feeling too sleepy for dinner." I yawned, trudging upstairs. Once I got into my comfy bed, I felt my eye lids grow heavy and slowly close. It didn't feel like hours but soon enough, I was being woken up by my father shaking me. "Yeah?" I asked.

"School time!" He called laughing. I sighed and flopped out of bed, changing into my daily clothes and getting breakfast. I waited for a bit until Abigail came around to tie my hair up. She put it in the triple plaits and then left the house as I started to make my way to SFIT.