🪞"𝓑𝓮𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓦𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓼"🪞

Author's POV:-

May slowly opened her eyes, feeling the gentle touch of someone caressing her hair. As her vision cleared, she saw Noah kneeling beside the sofa, his comforting presence washing over her.

"Noah," she whispered,

her voice cracking with emotion. Noah smiled softly, his eyes filled with warmth.

"You look like you need a hug," he said, reaching out to embrace her.

Tears streamed down May's face as she buried her head in Noah's chest, letting out all the pent-up sorrow she had been holding inside.

Noah tenderly wiped away her tears, his touch soothing her aching heart. For a brief moment, she felt a sense of relief, as if everything would be okay with Noah by her side.

But then reality crashed down on her like a tidal wave. Noah wasn't really there. It was all a cruel trick of her mind, a hallucination born from loneliness and despair.

The apartment was still filled with silence, echoing the emptiness of her heart. May's sobs grew louder as she realized the truth, clinging desperately to the fading memory of Noah's imaginary embrace.

 May's sobs grew louder as she realized the truth, clinging desperately to the fading memory of Noah's imaginary embrace

🪞Time skip🪞

Later, in the afternoon, May got a call.

Her heart raced as she answered the phone, her hands trembling with fear. The voice on the other end belonged to a police officer, delivering news that sent chills down her spine.

"We found Noah's car abandoned on the side of the road," the officer informed her.

May's breath caught in her throat, her mind spinning with a million terrifying possibilities. Without hesitation, she hung up the phone and grabbed her coat, racing out the door to the nearest police station.

In the station, May sat across from a weary-looking detective, her eyes pleading for answers.

May recounted every detail she could remember about Noah's recent activities, her voice quivering with anxiety. The detective listened intently, jotting down notes as May poured out her concerns.