The Battle For Atlantis

Jen

'Wake up, my child.' a voice called out to me, almost like a whisper.

I slowly awakened as I felt an immediate swell of agony erupt from my left leg. The red blood was clotting in the quarter-size wound that was inflicted by the blunt end of Steward Caol's trident.

I cried out in misery as I rolled myself over and looked at the puncture wound that was irritated by the salty water of the Atlantic Ocean.

'Easy now!' the same voice spoke, helping to steady me as I felt like I was about to pass out.

[Who are you?] as I could not see anyone with my own eyes.

'Come with me for a moment!'

I felt my spirit being pulled out from my wounded body as the ocean all around me seemed to flow out of the palace, draining away. The once sunken Kingdom of Amphere then rose out of the sea, once more emerging under the golden sun.

I slowly pushed my heavy body upward, drawing in a deep breath of fresh air as the warmth of the midday sun shined brightly upon the bronze Kingdom of Amphere.

I slowly looked around at the many pillars of a round court as the air was sweet with burning cinnamon and sweet lavender. I heard footsteps walking over to me as I look up at a man wearing golden armor with a light green tunic draped over one side of his body.

His face was long and narrow, with a well-trimmed golden beard as he smiled, looking down at me with caring blue-green eyes. His head was graced with a golden helm that had three spikes in the front and fish fins covering his ears. I do not understand how I got here as I asked him in my gurgled Atlantean voice, speaking.

"Are you...God?" I asked as he smiled brightly, chuckling "Is this heaven?"

"This is Caelum." he says as he looks around at the beautiful 'dry' palace, long before the final deluge "I believe. And no, I am not a God. I'm like you my dear child, I am Altarian."

"Am I dead?" I wondered as this place did not make sense. Atlantis wasn't above the waves; it was below them, as was I!

"Not yet." he remarks, walking over to me "You gave it your best effort, although! However, now you have a choice to make." He helped pick me up off of the floor as we walked slowly over to his throne as he picked up his discarded trident. I looked at the trident as I then recognized the weapon as the trident which was once broken!

I stared at the young 'human-like' Altarian king, noticing that this man was actually an earlier version of the king before he had mutated into an amphibian after the fall of Alta.

"Your King Koa!" I said as I then felt a terrible sadness fill my soul. He smiled, equally saddened as he solemnly nodded his head gently as his light brown hair brushed against his golden armor.

"That I am." He lifts his tired eyes as he felt a fading pulse within the water. "Time is limited, my child. You are dying!!" as he pointed directly at me as I noticed that I was fading away, turning into a ghost!

"What is happening to me!" I exclaimed as he explained.

"A trident is a powerful tool, my child! And when Caol had inflicted that wound upon your leg, its power started to erase your duine personality -- as Caol's soul desire is the eradication of all duine! You have suffered a terrible curse, young one! However, the Goddess has decided to give you a second chance at life."

"I don't understand!" I said, unnerved.

"With your duine personality vanishing, you have a chance to return back to your body as an 'anew' Atlantean. Your soul is free to choose your own kingdom; due to your selfless acts of bravery before our Goddess' eyes."