The Treachery Of Caol

The High Guard swims into the throne room as she was out of breath, her gills were fluttering like mad. She takes off her golden helm, resting it beside her as it was illegal for an unassigned guard to enter the throne room with her face obscured.

I watched as she takes off the 'fish-like' face and I saw that she wasn't horribly mutated at all...she looks just like all of the other Oceanid's as she bows down before Queen Scales.

[Your grace! I beg to report that the centuries have reported that the Steward has just landed in the port and is seeking your council!]

[Caol!?] Auntie Scales uttered.

[Yes, your grace! He is coming with his guards!] she replies. I too turn to Auntie Scales, terrified as I wasn't ready for a confrontation with the man who ruined my life!

[I see.] Auntie Scales murmured, pondering about his reasons for returning [He must have come for the rest of the weapons!] she then commands [Rally the guard and have all of them come to the throne room. Also,] glancing over at me with a worried look in her eyes [Send a contingency to safeguard Princess Saline! No one is to interfere with her!] She commands. The high guard bows her head, then places her helm on and takes her weapon and swims back to rally the guard.

[Hide!] Auntie then orders me as I spin about, crawling and hiding behind the large throne.

My gills were fluttering as I had one person that I feared and hated the most! And 'he' was coming directly into my house as if he owned the place!

I heard a loud hissing noise as Queen Scales activated her father's trident's magic, ready to fight to the death, if needed. Today she swore that the occupation of Oceanid shall end!

I gripped onto the throne as I felt my heart beating wildly inside my chest. Now that I had the chance to confront the very man who had ruined my life, I could feel my childish instincts kicking in. For a while, I had wondered if I was either physically young; and or if I was also mentally young. And for the last few hours, I felt my Oceanid mind conditioning to my biological age.

'I am just a child, now!' I trembled.

Peeking from behind the throne, I saw a man gliding across the floor as he carried a long sliver trident with four armed Altarian soldiers encased inside impregnable armor. They view their entire world from behind a liquid glass window as their armor glowed a dim blue. They all held onto these large bulky rifles which glowed blue light as they aimed them directly at the guards who were protecting Queen Scales.

With a powerful thrust, he blasts across the void and lands onto the platform as I could feel the ground shake! My ice-blue eyes; which had changed from their blue-grey, now stare at the man with dread and hatred.

I memorize his face as I will one day put an end to his terror. His face, however, was young with his white spiky cropped hair waving upon his head with the current. His soulless eyes were jaundice yellow...his abilities cursed by the time that he had spent in the Pacific, near the Coral Sea.

He wears a suit of purple fish scales with silver cladder armor covering his chest, arms, back and legs. The only skin showing was his tight neck and baby-smooth face. A black cape fluttered down as his cold eyes stared at Queen Scales, threatening.

[Didn't we have an agreement that if you followed my instructions, I would allow your people to see the next age of Alta?] he said as he held his trident behind his back, opening himself up.

To me, this does not make any sense! You do not pick a fight with someone unless you have the means to defeat them! And he was purposely trying to lure my Auntie into a fight that she could not hope to win!