Chapter 19 - The Proposal

~ ZANDER ~

Shitty, I was feeling so repulsive right now not just because she lied to me, its simply because I never expected this from her even though after she left me, I always knew she would come back eventually but when years passed by, that tiny hope lo...

Shitty, I was feeling so repulsive right now not just because she lied to me, its simply because I never expected this from her even though after she left me, I always knew she would come back eventually but when years passed by, that tiny hope lost somewhere in the darkness of my heart and sealed somewhere so I have never again any expectations as it was apparent that I meant nothing to her even if she meant everything to me, she was my world, the only woman whom I submitted myself to after my Ruhi, Simran never was a replacement to me cause she has her place in my heart and soul both just like Ruhi who still resides in the bottom of my soul, she always asks me to follow my heart yet like a coward, I never listen to her and end up following my mind as it never betrays me as my heart does repeatedly.

The decision that my heart took always led me to doomsday, so now I know I don't want to endure more pain than I have been already going through, that I just need to think calmly and do what is right.

In the end, I just need my daughter on my side, even if it means accepting Simran in my life.

"Mr. Walsh, we have reached".

Bitterly glancing over the culturally vibrant vibe mansion, I stepped out and walked through the hallway to find my daughter as it was the only reason I was attending this party. I don't think I can't withstand the presence of Sameer for obvious valid reasons not just because he has my place, it's also because he has lived those moments I wished to have with my daughter. I never even got that chance to be a father but now I am willing to change that despite my anger towards her mother.

I sucked in a sharp breath, eyes calmly displeased as I strode through the silent hallway to talk with Kunal Sehgal first, he knows everything about Simran as he is that man who kept her in India those initial three years. I want to know more about her.

Yes, I hired a detective to go through my ex-wife's past.

I paused in front of his study room as I had come here before due to a business proposal six years back. I was about to knock but the door was already slightly opened, my eyes immediately darkened at the sight of Simran, and moved to Kunal who was softly talking to her while patting her head.

"Are you sur, that's what you want?"

She nodded, her eyes narrowing at him angrily.

"Uncle, I am not even interested in Sameer. I never looked at him that way ever so it's not even worth considering. You are just wasting your breath just like always".

My jaw clenched, eyes darkened more as my heart squeezed badly.

"Simran, you can't be serious. Don't be like your mom, she was also a fool in love, and look where it got her".