Chapter 12 - The Recounter Of Revenge

~Simran~

It was like my heart was ripped into pieces when I watched my princess on that hospital bed once again. I couldn't breathe after seeing her in that state and just lost my senses for several moments unable to grasp anything as she was all that mattered to me before anyone. She is the sunshine to my darkness who made me lively again and made these five years, the happiest years of my life just by existing there for me.

I can't lose her and I won't lose her.

My eyes grumpily gaped at the door of her room in silence as I finally moved from my place as it had already been morning. My hand moved that covering off me and frowned at realizing this was his coat.

My husband's coat. He was wearing this yesterday. Zander was here but I didn't understand if he was then he would have seen Ruza right?

I sighed knowing how stubborn he could be, even if he had come yesterday, he just left after giving me his blazer silently not even trying to know anything.

How neglectful he can be, ugh.

"Your tea, beautiful".

My head jerked at Sameer who was kindly offering me a cup of tea.

"You didn't leave?"

I raised an eye at him as he was on night shift this month.

"I can't leave you both here okay, so I didn't, and now please don't even dare to tell me that I didn't have to stay," His eyes were frantic for a second and then he sighed, "Tum dono important ho mere liye, humesha rahoge".

{ You both are important to me and always will be }

I sighed knowing I wouldn't be winning an argument against him regardless.

We both stepped inside the room, and my eyes teared up after seeing her there on that bed as a patient, it's always heart-wrenching for me to see my daughter like that. She doesn't deserve this at all, it feels like I am at fault for her condition.

"Ruhi, shh".

I felt myself being hugged and I didn't mind, I truly needed this hug, a console that I wasn't alone and him being here was genuinely comforting.

"Sameer, she never forgets her inhaler... " I stuttered in between knowing she was too smart to miss her important things, "-- I just know she can't be this careless".

I genuinely feel something was off about this, my daughter is smarter than other kids, she won't leave inhalers, and she always carries them around so the school administration telling me that my daughter got serious just because she hadn't brought her inhalers seemed faulty to me.

"I personally checked her bag before I dropped her school, she had her inhalers even in her uniform pocket".

I met his worried eyes and nodded feeling alerted as this was serious as my hunch was telling me that someone was targeting my daughter. Maybe I was being paranoid for no reason but still, something didn't seem right to me.

"Mamma?"

I leaped to her side at her faint voice and stroked her head as she stared at me deeply.

"Did you cry? Yeah, you did," She rolled her eyes and took off her oxygen mask, "Ma, see I am okay".

I laughed when she showed me her muscled arm and immediately hugged me. It felt like I was holding my whole world right now except him. If he had been here it would have been perfect.

"Can we go home now?"

Her eyes lazily met mine and I nodded as the doctor just had to keep her under observation for one night to check everything and he assured me that she was alright, it wasn't serious, she had just over-exhausted herself yesterday and hadn't gotten her inhaler in time which was why her condition escalated like that.