Chapter 14 - The Hot Flames

~ Simran ~

There were masked faces as far as I could see, some of them had those facade smiles, genuine smiles, maybe evil smiles too not that I cared as this was my party, and every single significant businessman was invited here to build some connections a...

There were masked faces as far as I could see, some of them had those facade smiles, genuine smiles, maybe evil smiles too not that I cared as this was my party, and every single significant businessman was invited here to build some connections as this how the business world works, we make connections and establish our unique place.

I wasn't keen on this idea but this was important to be rooted where I am now as one single mishap can cause me something big, the idea of losing power doesn't sound good to me. I need this money and power to seek my true purpose.

"Nervous?"

A nudge on my elbow jerked me out of my thoughts but I just shook my head at Sameer.

"Nope".

He smiled as my eyes took into his black suit that truly complimented his body, especially that soft innocence in his eyes. I just wish he would have someone soon who loves him so much.

"Chalein, my lady?"

{ Let's go, my lady }

He cocked his eyes happily at me and I just nodded chuckling over his nonchalant attitude.

We both stepped downstairs bare-faced, suddenly I felt those heavy gazes swallowing me more like eying me enormously. It made me troubled for a second but I just stepped forward gracefully knowing I had been through worse so I could tolerate these vultures too.

Finally, we reached the last step where I felt the heaviness of those sharp gazes too intently yet I calmly addressed them with a polite smile before facing Sameer who quickly gentlemanly forwarded his hand to me, his palm was an invitation for me to be his first dance.

"Would you like to give me pleasure to be the first dance partner, Simran?

I paused suddenly a nostalgic feeling hitting me, crawling back to those beautiful memories I shared with my husband being his dance partner flashed right in front of my eyes, it made my heart churn with happiness as the situation was similar just my partner wasn't him, it was my best friend who is willing to do anything for my happiness still my heart wants what it wants, and it only wants him, my Zander, the father of my Ruza.

My eyes locked with Sameer as I finally picked up my mask and settled it over my eyes while he did the same, his hand was still opened widely at me asking for my dance so I just sighed and nodded with a smile.

"Yes Sammy, why not?"

I chuckled confidently as I was finally able to call him by the nickname that I gave him in our childhood knowing he only wished for me to be happy and now I feel comfortable around him too.

Something shattered loudly causing my eyes to turn sharply toward the window where I saw him, my heart thumped too violently as his eyes pierced right through mine as if expressing his anger towards me, the glass shards were scattered on the floor were now cleaned by staff as he stalked strongly towards me.

Billionaire's Ex Seductress II 💋On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara