Chapter 7 - The Return

~ SIMRAN ~

"He has a stunning face, big muscled arms, and ----- and---

She paused dramatically when she saw me scrolling down on my phone being tepid in listening to her

She paused dramatically when she saw me scrolling down on my phone being tepid in listening to her. After receiving her cold stares which were like an ice storm, I had to put down my phone and face her with a soft gaze.

"Ruza, I am married and you have already a Papa so stop praising other men in front of your mamma because she's loyal to only one man okay?"

I pointed at myself to clarify the fact that I won't be marrying anyone else, especially not to one of the guys in her 'Perfect Papa Material' list.

Not gonna happen.

Her beautiful oceanic eyes blazed instantly just like her dad who had no control over his rage. She's indeed the mini Zander.

"I do have a father but no dad because he didn't even try to be with us".

I glanced at her disheartened knowing it was not her fault but mine but I never wanted her to dislike Zander as he was not one to blame. He's suffering too just like us, he doesn't even know about her existence either I tried to reach out to him but the time was so crucial that I couldn't risk her safety for my selfisness.

"Ruz, I didn't tell him about you either so he isn't one to blame".

She flashed me a disgruntled look and squared her arms, "Mamma, he didn't love you enough to find you okay so stop defending him".

She hurried upstairs after giving me an unhappy glance and went directly to my room while I just kept staring blankly at the door and breathed loudly.

My heart felt torn almost like something squeezed hard into my chest, tears came out of my eyes relentlessly 'cause this wasn't what I wanted from my life. My little girl is so stubborn that she doesn't even wish to know anything about her dad nor wish to see his face and even dislikes the idea of having him around us.

"Isn't she too mature compared to her age?"