Chapter 3 - The First Step

• SIMRAN •

"So, you are saying Avani hasn't been around Zander lately?"

The detective I had hired nodded his head and passed me an envelope that I instantly emptied on the table, several photos of my husband were now under the scrutiny of my soft gaze. I missed you, My Zane.

My heart clenched when I conceded that he had lost his smile, he appeared too weary and callous even his eyes were cold-blooded. It seemed he was lifeless and too unkind to be even a human.

"I hope the photos are up to your expectations because it's hard to get closer since he is always enclosed by security, " Detective sighed, "About Mrs. Aarna and Mrs. Mia, they both are doing great and they had also hired a private investigator to dig info on you but you were quick to cover your tracks for the five years so they didn't find anything useful except the fact that you are fine".

I hummed feeling crushed with everything as this wasn't what I wanted in my life, to hide and escape my best friends like a coward but now I won't be running away, not without a fight, and this time, I am prepared for anything.

"Mr. Day, Did you find anything more about Avani?"

He nodded and passed me his tab, my eyes moved to the screen to watch Avani fighting in an art gallery like an untamed horse.

"Ms. Avani is keeping her distance from your husband since he has put a restrained order on her and you know it will last for 2.5 years so maybe after expiration she would be chasing him again but what I find eerie is that she's more inquisitive in art business lately and has become a very skilled sculptor herself".

My eyes narrowed, lips twitched into a grim smile as I swiped on the screen to watch the photos of her being too invested in shaping a sculpture and smiling proudly over her creation.

"So she's a successful sculptor now, " I smiled nastily before leaning back.

"Keep tabs on her and update me on everything, every single thing, " I ordered him coldly and he only nodded.

"And what about Mr. Zander?"

I grinned while eyeing his photo with admiration before replying.

"I am enough for my husband, detective".

Now I will be keeping my eyes on him.

***

The day was passable as now I was leaning against the hood of my car by the school campus which was one hour drive away from London. My eyes locked on the gates that opened revealing my daughter taking her precious time in walking as other kids just ran to their parents but not her due to her high sense of admiring fashion. She wants to be a perfectly beautiful model.

"Mamma!" She cheered as soon as she drew near and hugged me.

"So was it good? Made any friends?"

She shook her head and sighed, "They all were a bunch of idiots".

I facepalm my head, she is now so impossible for me to handle, and turning into a female Zander.