Chapter 10 - The Deal

~Simran~

Love is indeed painful, sometimes it pains you to the core and sometimes it showers you with happiness but it also pushes you to the best version of yourself, as far as I see, Sameer is someone whom I can trust blindly cause he never demanded anyt...

Love is indeed painful, sometimes it pains you to the core and sometimes it showers you with happiness but it also pushes you to the best version of yourself, as far as I see, Sameer is someone whom I can trust blindly cause he never demanded anything from me other than this simple friendship and I am indeed lucky for that, also I do respect his feelings for me.

Indeed I am blessed that he loves me but my heart doesn't want him, it just yearns for Zander, the man who almost crushed my soul today as his cruel words were still reeling in my head like a recorder.

You disgust me.

Do I truly disgust him? He truly hates me, doesn't he? What am I going to do now? I just don't know...

I hurried upstairs shaking my head not wanting to be a crybaby again as crying isn't an option for me, I can't be weak not after determining that I would take revenge for all the wrongdoings to me, I won't be a weakling again.

I am Ruhi Raichand and I will have my identity back.

When I stepped inside my room, my eyes paused at them, my wiseass daughter and her buddy, they both were cuddled with each other like a cacoon and were sleeping soundly. Smiling I just turned off the lights and tucked them properly, my eyes darted between them and admired their precious bond that I wished Zander had with our daughter, he isn't even at fault because he doesn't even know about her existence yet but I have to tell him sooner so he can adore her as much as I do.

She needs his dad so much.

After kissing my kiddo's forehead, I went to the guestroom and closed my eyes to lose in oblivion but his face was all I could see and a smile crept on my lips before I gave in to my sleep happily.

I hope we will be together again and this time forever as I promised you.

I'll be your future.

×××

The next morning came rather energetically as both Sameer and Ruza had already left for the hospital and school before I could even wake up because I overslept but reached the office time due to the urgency of an alliance meeting between mine and another big company so I confidently made my way inside the conference room and posed in my place rather early as my stomach constant churn in tension.

The wait seemed lengthy but my eyes were stuck on the door almost plastered there, hope lingered in them more than I visualized, and my insides were thriving for him yet I needed to restrain my longings so I softly shifted my chair towards the glass of the conference room. There was only silence before the storm arrives but for every fucking reason I was ready to embrace this storm because he has always been to begin and end with even if he finds me unacceptable.

The door was opened rather loudly, and I could hear several footsteps stepping inside the room but a particular one had my attention, through the mere reflection of the glass I could see him as he sat right across my chair with a neutral face with such wild and cold aura that was inexpressible.