𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

MISTY MEMORIES

╭──────•◈•──────╮Chapter Thirteen Destiny Fails ╰──────•◈•──────╯

╭──────•◈•──────╮
Chapter Thirteen
Destiny Fails
╰──────•◈•──────╯

❝My body will remember that anger that will not leave me until I die.❞

EVEN THOUGH IT WAS hard to break the chains, you still didn't give up yet. Only a few left and you would free, you couldn't stop now. You finally remembered why you had this rage toward demons boiling in your blood and you were going to use it to fight for your freedom. However, your struggles didn't go unnoticed by Lady Bone.

"Why are you still struggling?"

Your head snapped up and you were met face to face with the true form of the Lady Bone Demon. She had an unreadable look on her face as she stared at you unamused, "All your efforts are futile, you will never gain control of this body ever again." LBD stated firmly while putting her hands behind her back. You didn't want to show any weakness, so you decided to act unbothered by her existence, "You're speaking like you have owned it." You spoke up with a monotonous tone. She chuckled and shook her head, "It's because I already have. Although you managed to break free a bit from my power, you still can't take over. It's nearly impossible, child." She pointed out confidently.

You lowered your head, making your hair cover your face, "It's pointless..." Upon hearing what you said, Lady Bone got confused, "Everything you do and plan with be eventually ruined, he is still out there to stop you. You will meet your demise soon." You continued, still not looking up at her. Her confusion quickly changed into mischief, "How bold. Monkey King is under my control and his protégé is nothing without the staff. Who is going to stop me? You? Macaque? Or those immortal fools?" She taunted before laughing out loud.

"You know nothing..."

"Hm?"

"No matter how strong you get, he will stop you. With or without the staff, Mk will still defeat you. He just needs to unleash his true power and by that time..." You trailed off before slowly raising your head up to show her a smile, "... even the most jaw-dropping attack will be pointless and useless." You finished which made Lady Bone feel chills go through her body.

" You finished which made Lady Bone feel chills go through her body

"We will see about that." She growled and then disappeared, leaving you alone in the darkness. Your smile dropped and was replaced with a frown, "Tsk! I hate her guts." You mumbled under your breath before proceeding to free yourself.

-TIME SKIP-

Mk and Macaque were both standing right before the staff implanted in the ground. Lady Bone Demon was no where to be seen which was both good and suspicious. Mk knew that there was something off in leaving the staff unguarded like that. However, he was going to take his chances. With that settled in mind, he took in a deep breath and stepped forward to grab the staff.

"Here comes Monkie-..."

"King!"

As the voice of Lady Bone was heard, Wukong appeared and almost punched Mk. Macaque quickly took a fighting stance as Mk sat up, "MK, the Monkie Kid and the Six-Eared Macaque. Here to embrace oblivion?" LBD spoke up while floating in the air. Mk frowned in anger upon seeing her use your body to her advantage. His thoughts were cut off when Macaque grabbed him and twirled him around before putting him down, "The opposite, actually. I'm kind of on this whole living streak now, so we were hoping maybe you could call off this whole end of the world thing and give Y/N back? Would really help us out." The dark furried monkey said with a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"Yeah. What he said!" Mk agreed, somehow looking a bit unsure of what to do next. Lady Bone smirked, "None of us can alter the course of destiny." She stated firmly. Macaque frowned and braced himself for the fight with Wukong, "Yeah. I thought as much. MK. Now!" With that being said, Mk charged forward to Wukong.

Meanwhile, you finally broke free from the chains holding you. You only needed to find a way to gain control, "It's only darkness, how can I get out of here?" You mumbled while looking around. Suddenly, you felt a tug on your uniforms sleeve. When you looked down, you saw a bright figure pointing somewhere. You couldn't see any expressions since it was like a child made out of light. However, you can see a familiar outline of its body shape. It reminded you of a someone from the past... Someone dear to you.

"Do you know how to get out of here?"

The figure nodded and pointed ahead again. Oddly, you felt like you can trust it, so you decided to follow it somewhere. As you went with the figure, the walk felt like it took hours before you reached a what looked like an orb surrounded by the same chains that used to hold you. The figure pointed at it, indicating you to approach it. You were hesitant, but decided to go there nevertheless. The orb was glowing yet you can see and hear through it. You saw Mk standing before your eyes, he was talking to the Lady Bone Demon, "What are you doing, Mk? This is reckless." You thought while clenching your jaw tightly, watching in anticipation what was going to happen.

"No matter what you do, you cannot change the path of destiny." You could hear Lady Bone speak up first. Mk had his head low and his fists clenched as he spoke up, "I don't know if all this happened because it was destined to. But I have to believe that I found the staff so I could use it for good: To help people. So that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I'm going to take my staff and protect! This! World!" Just as he said that, he grabbed the staff and tried to pull it put of the ground. However, it was stuck there.

"Oh, sweet child. Can't you see? Sun Wukong and even Y/N couldn't best me. What can you hope to accomplish when they have failed? Cast aside your stubbornness and face your demise with honor."

Your eyes widened when you saw Wukong throw Macaque and approach Mk slowly, "You idiot, run!" You exclaimed as you moved to grab the orb, but a strong force pushed you away. This was probably due to the power of LBD. Your attention went to the orb again when you heard your friend talk, "If you really believe that destiny can't be changed, you wouldn't be using every ounce of power you have to keep him contained! You wouldn't go as far as to change your host and take over Y/N's body. The Monkey King I know will never stop fighting you and Y/N will never succumb to you. And neither will I." The moment Mk finished his speech, you saw the chains crack a bit. He was getting through Lady Bone's beliefs.

You could see Wukong dashing toward Mk, but to your surprise, he actually gripped the staff, "Thanks for not giving up on me, bud." Wukong said, taking back control.

You were relieved that he was back, but you still needed to free yourself. Just then, you felt the bright figure place its hand on yours. It glowed for a second before you saw your Nichirin blade in your hand. You looked at the figure and it nodded before vanishing. You didn't understand how it did this, but you were grateful it helped you. You gripped your sword tightly and turned to the orb and the chains around it.

"If Wukong can be free, so can I." With that being said, you raised your sword to slash the chains.