𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀

MISTY MEMORIES

╭──────•◈•──────╮
Chapter Nine
Concerned Hearts
╰──────•◈•──────╯

❝I will forget anyway, so I'm going to be fine.❞

YOUR PEACEFUL SLEEP was interrupted by the loud conversation between Sun Wukong and his student, Mk. You groaned and opened your mint green eyes, staring directly at the ceiling.

You have spent a few days in Monkey King's house since you had a high fever after the fight with the Spider Queen. It only happened after you met the Lady Bone Demon. You didn't feel good at all and you had horrible nightmares, but since yesterday you started to feel better. You sighed and sat up, showing your bad head. Removing the blanket, you got off the bed and made your way to the main door. You opened the door and stepped outside, seeing both Mk and Wukong arguing about something. Not to mention that you could see Monkey King packing his stuff as if he was leaving.

You made your way to them and they still didn't notice you just yet, "Why are you two yelling?" You questioned which made Mk flinch and jump away while Monkey King just looked at you with a smile. The boy quickly composed himself and beamed, "Hey Y/N! How are you feeling today? Didn't know you're still here." He sheepishly said while scratching the back of his head. You stared at him blankly before tilting your head to the side, "Who are you?" You asked again which made Mk fall upside down comically. Monkey King chuckled and shook his head, "It seems that they are back to normal, glad to see you back, kid." He said with amusement because of your messy hair, but relief was evident on his face. You blinked a couple of times as you saw the suitcase on Monkey King's cloud, "Going somewhere?" You pointed at the bag as you questioned.

Wukong chuckled and crossed his arms, "Just a small vacation to relax and have some fun." He told you, putting on his sunglasses. You could definitely see that he was lying yet decided to not be bothered. After all, what Wukong did with his successor was none of your business. However, this didn't stop you from insulting him, "You're a horrible teacher for leaving your student alone." You bluntly stated, keeping the same emotionless face. Mk almost immediately nodded in agreement, "See! Even Y/N sees that you shouldn't leave, can't you reconsider?" The boy requested in a begging voice tone. However, Monkey King refused and insisted on going.

He jumped on his cloud and smirked at you two, "Don't worry! I'll check in, give you some training tools, remote lessons, ah we'll figure it out. You'll be great. Don't worry! Monkey King out!" With that being said, Wukong blasted away on his cloud, going to god knows where. Mk growled in frustration, "Fine! J-Just leave! At least my friends will never abandon me!" He exclaimed loudly before he sighed in disappointment.

"He will be back soon."

"Huh?"

Mk looked at you who made your way to Wukong's house, a small red hue on his face, "W-Wait! Y/N, I want to ask you something." He called and grabbed your wrist and that made you turn around to face him. Suddenly, he got a strange vision upon touching you. He saw you smirking down at him and the city was destroyed. Your eyes were flashing blue instead of mint green.

Mk quickly let go of your hand and tried to calm down. Seeing you looking at him with confusion, Mk quickly faked a happy yet nervous smile, "Uh... I just wanted to know if you're okay after that day. I... Um... I was worried about you because you didn't look good at all." He uttered while keeping his eyes away from yours to hide his distressed face. You were grateful for his concern yet didn't know how to be polite to him, "I'm fine now, I was just a bit sick that day." You said with a soft and less mean voice tone. You didn't want to concern him more than this, he already has a lot to worry about as a successor of the lazy Sun Wukong.

Mk forced a smile on his face yet he looked relieved, "Phew, I'm glad it was nothing serious." He said, returning back to his old cheerful persona. Eventually, Mk decided to leave because he has work to do. You also gathered your stuff and went back to your home to rest more comfortably and peacefully.

◈━━━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━━━ ◈

There was a lot of knocking on your door and you hated this, whomever was knocking wasn't patient at all. You didn't say anything as you made your way to the door and opened it to only see Redson standing there with his usual frown, but it quickly disappeared upon seeing you.

"Do I know you?" Redson expected this question coming from you once you see him.

He quickly composed himself and placed his hands behind his back, "Good afternoon, Y/N. I came to check on you since I couldn't do it because you were with Monkey King." The red haired prince stated, looking displeased that he didn't get to see you for days. You hummed in understanding, "I can tell. Come on in, I have just made some tea." You invited him into your house and took his to the livingroom after closing the door. You sat silently, no word was told between you two. You weren't bothered by the silence and just enjoyed your tea, but Redson felt really awkward staying like that.

Redson cleared his throat to get your attention, "So Y/N, how are you feeling after that day? Hopefully you're no longer sick." He was the first to break the silence between you two. You looked at him with your usual blank face, "I'm alright now, but I still need some rest because of the fatigue." You proclaimed then took another sip from your tea. Redson hummed and stared at his cup, "My parents are also worried about you, so I thought I should visit you on their behalf." His lie was obvious and you saw it straightaway. His parents would definitely tag along if they knew he was coming to visit you. Plus, his knocking earlier made it clear that he was in a hurry.

There was also a small pink blush on his face just like Mk which means he came willingly.

You again decided to play along and not question him, "I see... Tell them that I will be in a good condition in a matter of few days." You replied firmly, placing the cup on the small table. Redson chatted with you for a few minutes before he decided to leave. The two of you were at the door and Redson spoke up, "Please get some rest and don't train a lot." He said in a calm way before placing his hand on your shoulder. However, the same vision Mk saw flashed before his eyes. He gasped and moved away from you which puzzled you.

"You okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yes yes. I just remembered something important I have to do. I-I will see you later."

With that, he quickly left, looking all frightened. You weren't aware that both Mk and Redson saw something horrifying and that made the two question so many things. What does this vision mean? Are you going to become evil and destroy everything? They just hoped that their crush wouldn't be that way because it will be difficult to deal with you.