𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍

MISTY MEMORIES

╭──────•◈•──────╮
Chapter Four
Emotion
╰──────•◈•──────╯

❝I'm will forget anyway, so I'm going to be fine.❞

YOU AND MK STOOD BESIDE the mechanical doll to explain more to him about it. You had to give him clear instructions so he would know how to deal with Yoriichi. Wukong lazily sat on his cloud, chewing on his peach chips.

You had already replaced the real swords with training ones since you knew Mk won't be able to handle the doll with actual sharp swords, "Alright, all you need to do is try your best to dodge the attacks and land one hit on the doll. It will stop once you land it. Just to let you know, it's capable of more than one hundred move." You explained before you approached him with a wooden staff and handed it to him, "You will use this, good luck." You finished and was about to move to activate Yoriichi, but Mk stopped you.

"What happens if I accidentally broke it?" He asked as he clenching the wooden staff in his hands. You turned around with a blank look yet Mk could see the dangerous glare in your eyes and it made him almost go pale, "I will hang you upside down for a whole week, this doll is one of its kind and very unique. You better not break it." With that being said, you went and turned the key in the doll's neck, activating it. You went to sit beside Wukong, watching Mk taking a fighting stance to begin his training. However, once Yoriichi dashed toward him and ready to strike, Mk ran away.

"Ah! It's chasing me!"

"Fight it, kid! I know you can do it!"

-SUN WUKONG'S POV-

I chuckled as I watched Mk run away from the doll, it was very funny. However, I wished he would fight it without any fear. After all, he was going to fight demons ten times powerful than this doll.

I looked at Y/N and for some reason, I felt a weird aura coming from them... a cold aura to be exact. I also noticed that they had a hand on their chest, a few drop of sweat rolling down their face. It was clear that Y/N wasn't fine at all, it's a bit hot today, so maybe training in this weather had effected them. I still can't shake the ominous feeling I'm having toward Y/N, something off yet familiar was happening to them. However, I didn't want to bother myself with it for now and decided to ignore it.

"Say Y/N, who is Yoriichi Type Zero?" I spoke up, gaining their attention. They looked at me with a blank look, "Type Zero is connected to the doll, as for Yoriichi... I was told that it's based on my ancestor. They told me he looked just like the doll, he was the first one to use the breathing style as a way of fighting." They replied with the same monotonous tone. I never knew Y/N had a swordsman ancestor since they barely remember anything related to their past. The most important question is, how told them about this man?

"Who told you about your ancestor?"

"Uh... It was... I don't remember."

I knew it! I just sighed and turned to see how was Mk doing with his training. I saw him rolling away as the doll stabbed the six swords on the ground whenever Mk rolled away. I wanted to laugh so badly since it was funny, but I held it back because this was my successor and I don't want to make fun of him, "Go on, bud! You're making a good progress!" I cheered him on to boost his determination and confusion.

-TIME SKIP-

Me and Mk were sitting in Y/N's livingroom, waiting for them since they were preparing some tea. Mk was laying on the ground while taking in deep breaths, "I thought I was going to die!" He complained dramatically. I sighed and rolled my eyes at his exaggeration, "Chill out, kid. It only used wooden swords." I stated while crossing my arms, giving his a smug look.

Mk jumped up after hearing what I said, "Those wooden swords were landing on me so painfully! Each hit is like hell!" He retorted while gripping his hair. Before I could say anything, Y/N came into the room with a tray of tea. They served us some before sitting down in front of us, still looking dazed like always. I took a sip from my tea and then turned to Y/N, "So Y/N, can Mk come to train with the doll tomorrow too?" I asked with a polite yet mischievous smile which made Mk look at me with surprise. Y/N shook their head in refusal, "No, the doll is malfunctioning because of his hit. I'm taking it to maintenance tomorrow." They bluntly replied, taking a sip from their tea as well.

Mk perked up and leaned forward, "I can help you take it there since it's my fault the doll broke!" He exclaimed, taking me off guard. Y/N stared at him while blinking a few times, "Why do you care so much
about other people? Isn't there something
that you need to do for yourself?" Y/N asked which puzzled Mk, but he then smiled.

"Whatever you do for others
comes around to help you, as well, in the end. So it's great to have friends to help you when you need them."

For a moment, Y/N stared at Mk before their mint green eyes widened. My eyes widened as well, it was the first time I see Y/N show some emotions. They looked really surprised and shocked as if they had remembered something, "Huh? What? What did you just say? Right now. Right now." Y/N sounded so surprised as they point their finger at Mk which confused him a bit. The kid tilted his head in confusion, "What? Did I say something-..."

"Caw! Were you being rude to Y/N again? Caw!"

"Hey! Ow! Stop that!"

Y/N's crow suddenly flew into the room, immediately attacking Mk. I turned my gaze back to Y/N to see them staring up at the ceiling in daze, as if they were thinking of something. It was the first time in so long Y/N shows any type of emotions. Maybe the great monk was right, Y/N still has hope to regain their memories and show emotions once again.