𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

MISTY MEMORIES

╭──────•◈•──────╮
Prologue
The successor
╰──────•◈•──────╯

❝I will forget anyway, so I'm going to be fine.❞

"ONCE YOU FIND YOUR unshakable self, you will be very strong."

Your eyes opened as you felt the bright light of the sun illuminate your room. You stared at the ceiling with a blank look for a moment, pondering the familiar and gentle voice of a man you had heard in your dream. You blinked your mint green eyes, "Who was that?" You thought and slowly sat up. You had been having those dreams a lot recently, maybe it has something to do with your past.

You pushed the covers away and got off the bed, making your way to the bathroom. However, you felt like you had forgotten something important. Somebody had talked to you yesterday about something, but you can't remember at all. You stopped and turned to look at your crow, Ginko, to ask her about what you forgot, but she was still sleeping. Thus, you decided not to bother her. You shrugged the thought off and was about to continue your walk to the bathroom when you felt a pair of eyed watching you.

You turned around and saw a strange bird standing on your window. You and the bird glanced at each other for a few minutes. You tilted your head, it followed you. You tilted your head back and it did the same. You can tell that this wasn't a normal bird at all, "Your disguise is not fooling me." You stated straight forward, pointing directly at the bird. The bird chuckled before a bright light consume it to reveal a ginger monkey who was smiling at you, "Good morning, Y/N! Are you ready to go?" He enthusiastically asked, placing his hands on his hips.

The monkey didn't receive any response from you which made him look at you with confusion, "Y/N? You okay there, bud?" He asked while sweatdropping slightly.

"Who are you?"

Once hearing your question, the monkey comically fell upside down, "I can't believe you forget about me everytime! I'm Sun Wukong, the one and only Monkey King." He introduced him to you with pride. You blinked a few times, "I don't remember you." You bluntly and rudely said. Wukong felt a large weight fell on his head, destroying his ego. He jumped up so suddenly, "You have to remember me, Y/N! You promised to help me today!" He said as he held your shoulders.

"I did?... I don't remember."

"Ugh, just prepare yourself and let's go I will explain everything later."

◈━━━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━━━◈

You and Wukong made it to Flower Fruit Mountain where he lives. He rushed you to wear your uniform, grab your sword, and leave as soon as possible. Ginko woke up to Wukong screaming at you to hurry, so she shot up attacked him. However, you managed to stop her before she could hurt him more.

You were sitting outside Wukong's hut, eating the breakfast he provided you out of nowhere... very sus. Monkey King sat in front of you and proceeded to remind you of what he told you yesterday, "So and as I told you yesterday, I need you to help my successor to develop his natural fighting skills without using any of his monkey powers." You stared at Wukong with a look of boredom while chewing on the food. Ginko on the other hand wasn't getting any of what Monkey King was say, she was glaring daggers at him.

You hummed and crossed your arms, "Why do I need to help him? I'm not obliged, he is your successor as you said." You questioned. Wukong struggled slightly to find a good reason, "I mean, you're the only one I know with good fighting skills. Plus if he learned that breathing thingy you do, it will help him keep his stamina and continue to fight." He reasoned as he sounded happy to have you help his successor. You put your hand under your chin and thought of it, "Alright, I will train him, but I won't go easy on him." You declared firmly, your gaze darkening slightly.

Monkey King leaped at you and pulled you in a hug, rubbing his cheek against your, "Thank you! You don't know how much you have saved me." You put your hand on his head and pushed him away, but he continued to hug you either way, ignoring your efforts to push him away. Suddenly, something landed on the ground, making dust raise up. Wukong coughed while you sat there with a deadpanned look. After everything cleared, a young boy who had a spiky brown hair and seemed to be in your age stood there with the golden staff in his hand, "Hey Monkey King, I'm here! Huh? Who is that?" The boy was at first very excited, but when he saw you, he had a look of confusion.

Wukong swiftly went beside the boy and put his arm around the kid's shoulders, "Kid! Good timing, I want to introduce you to a very special person." He said and dragged the boy toward you, "Mk meet Y/N Tokito, I care for them as my kid. Y/N, this is Mk, my new successor. They will help training you today, bud." He introduced you two to each other. You and Mk glanced at each other for a minute, you could have sworn that he blushed. Eh, this must be your imagination.

Mk gave you a bright smile, "It's very nice meet you, Y/N! Let's get along." He politely yet cheerfully said. You tilted your head to the side, "Who are you again?" Upon hearing your question, Mk stared at you with dotted eyes while Wukong sighed, "Don't bother, kid. They quickly forget everything." He explained which made Mk look at him with surprise.

"Why? They have amnesia or something?"

Monkey King shrugged his shoulders, "I don't really know, Y/N has been like this for years." He stated, his gaze moving to look at you who was still eating. Mk nodded in understanding before sitting across from, "So Y/N, when can we start our training?" He asked with excitement. You looked up at him with puzzlement...

"What training?"

𝙈𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙔 𝙈𝙀𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙎____[Lᵐᵏ ˣ Kᶰʸ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara