Chapter 25

I chose the tiny blue casket and the all-white dress code for everyone in attendance. Agreeing to a small service that he made possible.

Haiden Keven Thorne was buried in my favorite spot in the yard.

Under the rose bush where I'll usually be seated, eating the coconut I smashed against the huge bolder behind it.

In attendance was my parents and Rae, while his whole family and friends showed up.

Like the staffs and security who got the day off, but was present as well.

I stayed with my parents through it all. As Hassan is standing on the opposite side staring right at me.

I just kept staring at the tiny box being place inside the ground.

I wiped the tears away, feeling all eyes on me after everyone put roses.

I walked over and kneel, removing the contents from the gift bag.

A bottle of breastmilk, blue pacifier, a gold bracelet with his name craved into it and a little teddy.

Squeezing the heart on the teddy bear's chest, my voice rang through the silence.

"Mommy loves you, but you're in a better place. See you in heaven, Haiden."

Sniffing, I placed them on his little casket and got up.

Bumping into Hassan who steadies me.

"Thanks." I whispered, then decided to pass him to return between my parents. The problem was his hand that stayed around my waist.

Now I had to stand with him, and for what?

To save face.

To make it seems like we weren't going through something ourselves.

His touch on my waist became a distraction, but not enough to ignore the movements in my surroundings.

Glimpsing the two persons who caused me pain, I smiled.

They're late to the party but still attends to show their support.

How touching.

I dropped the empty gift bag and my hand went to Hassan's waist, drawing his gun.

I've pictured myself doing this so many times. Even when I'm watching an action movie to learn a little something.

I swifty took the safety off and points, sending the first shot into Faith's stomach. The force almost sends me against Hassan, but she went falling backwards.

The gun was taken from me and I laughed.

Loudly and sinister.

"Faith!" Her mom yelled.

"Mister Thorne. I hope you can forgive me just how you forgave your son's murderers." I looked up at him smiling.

He looks at me and the smile I see appears on his face was something I didn't understand. So I took his hands off me to take a step back.

That one step had the crazy look in his eyes surfacing.

He made a signal and I turned to see my parents being surrounded and Rae's face is hidden inside Hunter's chest.

He pulls me back into his hold right before some shots rang through.

I raised my head to see him holding the same gun and I tried to see but he won't let me.

The only difference with his expression was the smile before he started laughing.

"Forgive me, my love." He says, pressing a kiss to my head.