Chapter 19

"I've always hated the sight of garlic or ginger in my food. It's a huge turn off." I announced.

Hassan and Doctor Washington looks at me.

I'm just happy that it's a female OB/GYN who is pregnant as we speak. A black woman.

She's seven months along so she can relate and properly educate Hassan enough as this is her third pregnancy.

Maybe this is why he chose her.

He won't put me in the hands of someone who knows nothing.

"If that's the case, you should avoid them and in this pregnancy, you'll crave even the things that you wouldn't see yourself eating before."

"She has a thing for coconuts and ice. Lots of ice." Hassan revealed and she starts typing.

"Coconuts are healthy, especially the water from it. Now Ice, it is the sign of iron deficiency. The embryo's development takes everything from it's mom. Her nutrients, and oxygen level will multiple as time goes..."

We spent a long time in the office having a chat, getting treated by Hassan for her time as well as recent craving. He bought her lunch and I just wanted something fried.

I got fried chicken, shrimp, fries and hotdogs, with a bottle of fruit juice.

Hassan took all the information he can get, as he was already taking notes and in the end, Doctor Washington provided us with a list and a booklet.

Her contact information was there, my appointments were set prior to the next two months. Prescription was written and due to his position in society, the things on there wasn't taken by local people.

I was surprised when I heard that.

I followed him to the Pharmacy where he stocked up the items based on the doctor's request.

Next to the pharmacy is a gift shop and beauty corner so I went over with two guards that showed up out of nowhere.

I've gotten used to them.

Know how they can both stand out and blend in with our surroundings.

Hassan gives orders for them to be on sight before we are so when I saw the few familiar faces, I just smiled because I'm safe.

I'm sure I would've been if I wasn't with him, but this is my life now.

Living in fear that things can happen and that people will always be around to prevent them.

I could still feel Hassan's eyes on me as I roamed the area.

Picking up candles, decor, and anything that caught my eyes.

Handing them over to men who gladly took them and got a basket to put them in.

The items were paid for but we're heading back to the chopper to get home since it's getting late.

The guards will bring the items home but Hassan held my prescriptions close.

"Where do you want them." He gestured to the decors.

"My room, please."

"What's wrong?" He asked as we made our way off the roof and down the elevator.

"I have no job so I have to find something to do with my life." I shrugged, bringing up the conversation we had sometime back.

He laid me off just like that.

"That environment is not fit for a pregnant woman." He says.

"Mhmm." I hummed, making a face.